Gifts for friends sailing in Aug...

I have my good friend that does daycare for my kids sailing on the Monarch in August. (Her first cruise). Normally, we pay her weekly because my 3 boys go to her in-home daycare center. Every year when she goes on vacation I try to pay her for the week and she refuses to take it. (She's a great friend and I really WANT to pay her for her vacation time because I KNOW she needs the money.)

THIS year I thought I would put the money for the week on her sea pass account on the ship... that way she HAS to accept it and it will help her be able to afford to buy a few pictures on the ship. Is there a way to do this since I won't be on the cruise with her?

My sister IS sailing on the cruise with her (8 couples are going together)... so if I HAVE to do it, I can give the money to my sister and have her put it on her account while on the ship. Just wondering if there is a way to do it before they sail....

Thanks! Cathy

I'm pretty sure that there are RCCL gift certificates - give her those and she can fund her seapass account with them.

edited: from RCCL's website -

If you would like to purchase an On-board credit for an existing reservation, please call 800-722-5443. (Gift Certificates cannot be applied to sailings within 10 days.)

edited again: you should read this carefully - gift certificates can't be redeemed onboard - they have to be redeemed at least 10 days prior to cruise.

https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/

I have my good friend that does daycare for my kids sailing on the Monarch in August. (Her first cruise). Normally, we pay her weekly because my 3 boys go to her in-home daycare center. Every year when she goes on vacation I try to pay her for the week and she refuses to take it. (She's a great friend and I really WANT to pay her for her vacation time because I KNOW she needs the money.)

THIS year I thought I would put the money for the week on her sea pass account on the ship... that way she HAS to accept it and it will help her be able to afford to buy a few pictures on the ship. Is there a way to do this since I won't be on the cruise with her?

My sister IS sailing on the cruise with her (8 couples are going together)... so if I HAVE to do it, I can give the money to my sister and have her put it on her account while on the ship. Just wondering if there is a way to do it before they sail....

Thanks! Cathy

If you have an RCCL Visa, you can cash in some points to get a certificate and then redeem that certificate for an OBC credit. All you need is her reservation number. You write that on the back of the certificate and mail it in.

Maybe you cold photocopy the certificate and give her a card right before she goes with a copy of the certificate in it and explain what you did.

Otherwise, I am pretty sure that I have seen where RCCL offers gift certificates on their website.

You can meet with that person, and have them add on board credit to her account. It is easier if you have her confirmation #, but if she used a local TA, they can certainly have that information. Otherwise, your sister is your best bet.

If you do the $ through the agent, there will be a nice card in the room announcing your gift!

I did this for my sis last year... surprised her with some spending money onboard...

You can have them sent to you as a certificate and then give it to her personally to have applied to her account OR they will send it electronically as an email (this is what I did for sis)... Then, all she had to do was make sure she had it applied to her sailing within 10 days of leaving... She loved it and it was my way of letting her have a drink on me while she sailed...:)

Archived