Help me pick

I just took my first cruise onboard RCI Majesty of the Seas. I am planning another one for March 2009 but I want to give Carnival a try. Please help me decide which would be the best ship for me and 10 yr old DD. We like the Bahamas and the Caribbean, but are open to go anywhere the sea takes us.

If you want a 5 day, think about the Fantasy. It will have the new Evolutions of Fun by the end of September, has 2 ports and 2 sea days and is drivable from Mississippi.

If you want a 7 day, think about the Legend, which goes out of Tampa. Great itinerary.

If your daughter is a big water person...then maybe look at Inspiration or Imagination as they have the Water Works water park onboard. I think it would be a blast. I am 53 so no kids for me that age lol. But next year my DD and her 2 girls are thinking of booking 1 of those 2 ships. This we we are trying the Glory on Aug 30th. Can't wait.

I just took my first cruise onboard RCI Majesty of the Seas. I am planning another one for March 2009 but I want to give Carnival a try. Please help me decide which would be the best ship for me and 10 yr old DD. We like the Bahamas and the Caribbean, but are open to go anywhere the sea takes us.

I would suggest the Imagination Western because it will be in Cozumel longer than the Inspiration. I loved Cozumel! Or you could try the Exotic Eastern on Imagination. It goes to Grand Turk which I heard is beautiful and right where the ship pulls in is a nice beach. We are going there in Aug. on a 7 day cruise. The Exotic Eastern only has one day at sea.

The newly refurbished Imagination would be a great choice for a shorter cruise (3 or 4 day(. It leaves out of Miami.

The Triumph and the Valor both leave out of Miami for 7 days cruises, alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean. (Both are great ships, the Valor is newer and larger in size).

For 2009 the Freedom will be doing some great cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale. (Eastern, Western - including Panama and Costa Rica).

All of them are great ships with excellent service.

Five day Inpiration out of Tampa would be good choise for you. But, if I lived in Miss I'd be on the Holiday. It is the oldest and smallest ship. But, I love it. It was my first and has the best service and crew of any ship in the Carnival fleet.

I can't sail her due to the cost of air from here to there;( or would in a min.

The newly refurbished Imagination would be a great choice for a shorter cruise (3 or 4 day(. It leaves out of Miami.

The Triumph and the Valor both leave out of Miami for 7 days cruises, alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean. (Both are great ships, the Valor is newer and larger in size).

For 2009 the Freedom will be doing some great cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale. (Eastern, Western - including Panama and Costa Rica).

All of them are great ships with excellent service.

Do they have the Water Works area?

Five day Inpiration out of Tampa would be good choise for you. But, if I lived in Miss I'd be on the Holiday. It is the oldest and smallest ship. But, I love it. It was my first and has the best service and crew of any ship in the Carnival fleet.

I can't sail her due to the cost of air from here to there;( or would in a min.

I don't mind flying, especially since it's just the two of us. I would probably fly in a day ahead so we can enjoy whatever city the port is in.

The Conquest is also a good choice. They have a new itinerary coming up. Bahamas and Key West. We are already booked and can't wait. Loved the boat. Loved the cruise director at the time. I don't know if it is still the same guy or not.

Archived