Kusadasi in November

I am fortunate enough to be going to the Kusadasi port in November 3 times! The not so fortunate thing is that we are missing the markets! The Clothing Market in Kusadasi is on Wednesday and the Market in Selcuk is on Saturday. We will be in on the 11th (Tuesday) the 20th and 21st (Thursday and Friday). I have to confess, I am very disappointed, as this is something I was really excited about, after all, what do you think about when you hear Turkey?

My question is to do with shopping for anyone who has been there at that time when there has not been a market. Where do you go? What is the best area for great deals and some of those traditional Turkish things? I have read on a Turkey Forum that most things are shut down and that it is very dead during that time in Kusadasi.

Any advise? We will obviously do Ephesus, but also wanted to do shopping and the Turkish Nights (which also isn't on when we are there) so would love some great ideas.

Thank you wonderful CC people. How I love thee... :) ;) :D

There is a good deal of shopping right by the cruise pier... or cross the street into the old Caravanserai bazaar for more variety and better deals. Even if you miss the local markets, I think you will find enough shopping to satisfy most people.

We went in November 2006..

Lot's of shopping at the Bazzar

across the street from the port.

In fact you can get some good deals

because it is the end of the season.

They know when ships are in and

most open their shops.

Greece was the only ports that

had less shops open. We were the

last ship of the season for them

at that time.

Of the Nov. 15th cruise..In Kusadasi

first day there's no other ships docked,

second day only one other. If porttime

is right.

So it won't be as crowded which is

good for us cruisers. (I'm on this cruise too)

So Enjoy

Thank you both! I was under the impression that the Bazaar and the Markets were the same. Duhhh! :o I feel a lot better though! Guess I'm back to washing one outfit in the sink everynight! LOL Have you guys seen the Million Page Thread on the must buys???? Oh no!:eek: I was so relieved when you said that there was no more informals Belle! I think I might even have to skip Formals too for the shopping!:D

Archived