Over night in Ft Lauderdale

Water Princess

Help...Trying to get 2 rooms or a suite for 1 night before our January 9th cruise. Have called 15+ hotels..no one has availability for just the single night. Any ideas? Has anyone used Bidding for Help and had Amber bid for you?

Traveling with a toddler and would like to be near 17th Street...just because we know the area!

A couple of things:

Try a major online site that books all sorts of hotels so you don't have to go site by site.

Also, look at biddingfortravel.com So many cruisers are booking FLL that it's an easy way to get a handle on what's going on. Also, surprised everything is full already. You're still a ways out.

Help...Trying to get 2 rooms or a suite for 1 night before our January 9th cruise. Have called 15+ hotels..no one has availability for just the single night. Any ideas? Has anyone used Bidding for Help and had Amber bid for you?

Traveling with a toddler and would like to be near 17th Street...just because we know the area!

Embassy Suites Hotel has rooms for that night available on their web site. Embassy Suites Hotel Ft. Lauderdale-17th Street

http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=FLLSOES

You might be able to get a room through hotwire for less - It would be Downtown 3.5* with a Red S for the Embassy Suites.

We are using extraholidays.com which is a timeshare rental agent for the fairfield resorts. We have rented timeshare condos before and have always been very happy with the decision. We were able to get a 2 bedroom condo at the palm-aire resort in Pompano beach. It's about a 20 minute drive from the FLL airport, but we get in early on Friday and wanted to rent a car to get around. The price that we are paying, plus the rental car is about equal to what we would have payed for 2 rooms at a low budget place nearer the cruise port. I hope it works out well for us. We leave in 26 days!!!! I let you know how this turns out, as you have some time to decide.

Robin

After I posted the above message, I checked extraholidays.com and found that your dates were very expensive. I have the 2 BR condo for $119/night, but when I checked for January, it was over $300. What's going on that weekend that prices are so high? Sorry I couldn't be much help. Good luck.

Archived