Getting off the Constellation in SP???

I know this has been covered before, but I need to ask. I received our documents yesterday and was reading all the fine print. It says to inform our tour provider that in SP we would not be allowed off until 9:30am I believe that our tour is scheduled to start by 8 am or so. Leaving the ship that late will put us behind all day. This statement sure is cause for concern. I know that Celebrity wants to sell its' tours, but we do have the option of self-touring and I don't think they should hinder us. Has anyone been on the Constellation had problems exiting the ship in order to make the tour time?? Thanks for the help.

Our Denrus tour was to start at 7:30. About the second or third day of the cruise, anyone not touring with Celebrity had to go to guest relations and let them know what time your tour was scheduled to start. A few days later, we received a letter in our stateroom that said to go to the Bar at the Edge at 7a (others with later tour times were told to meet about 1/2 hour later). We went up there at 7a and by 7:20, we were given the all clear (I believe after the Moscow folks got off the ship). We disembarked and then went through immigration. There is a building with 2 doors - 1 for Celebrity tours and 1 for independants. We moved quickly through (don't forget a copy of your passport for the 1st day and your tour ticket). I later talked to other passengers that never even went to the Bar. They waited on the stair case and once the ship was given the all clear, they just walked off and went through immigration. The Russian officials don't care in what order you come off, it is just a way for Celebrity to manage traffic flow.

We had no problem at all and I was comfortable that Celebrity was doing everything they could to manage the disembarkation. I did not feel like they were trying to hold us back or anything. The Russian officials did give several people a hard time however and questioned their passports. No rhyme or reason...

Archived