What to do in GC before excursion?

Mischyff

Hi all, we are booked on a 9:30 tour but our ship arrives at 6:30 local time. Anything open that early or should we not waste our time getting up and off the ship righht away. Thanks for any help or advice!

We got off our ship early having forgot about the time change from Miami. We found a little outdoor cafe(sandwich shop) that was open at the early 6:30 hour. We were able to get coffee and pastry. I believe they also had breakfast. As you get off your tender, it is about 1/2 block off of the main street. They had music playing loud so it was easy to find.

Personally, I think I would wait a while before getting off. Last year we couldnt find ANYTHING open. After a while a few shops opened up but nothing we were interested in. We ended up sitting in the heat waiting for the tour to start. Took a few pics of the area and ship. I am going again this year for the same tour, I will not be in a rush to get off and catch and early tender.

In GC we just get off early and start snorkeling! These boards have a lot of info on free areas to walk to from the ship to snorkel. At an early hour they aren't crowded and it is great. We use every moment when we are in port!

Archived