Seattle Hotel shuttle

TSUmom

Could anyone suggest a hotel in Seattle that has a shuttle service to the pier? I believe we will need pier 66. Also, suggestions on transportation from airport to the hotel. We may just rent a car for the day as we are flying in on Friday and our ship sails Sat. afternoon. Any suggestions for car rentals? There will be 6 of us. Is Seattle and easy place to drive around in and how far is the airport. One last question - parking, is it hard to find? Thank you in advance for any help.

Could anyone suggest a hotel in Seattle that has a shuttle service to the pier? I believe we will need pier 66. Also, suggestions on transportation from airport to the hotel. We may just rent a car for the day as we are flying in on Friday and our ship sails Sat. afternoon. Any suggestions for car rentals? There will be 6 of us. Is Seattle and easy place to drive around in and how far is the airport. One last question - parking, is it hard to find? Thank you in advance for any help.

None of the hotels have hotel to pier shuttles. A couple contract with an outside company (I believe SpringHill Suites downtown is one of those) to take pax to the pier.

Other than public transit, the Airporter is the most cost effective transport from airport to hotel:

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

Seattle traffic is crazy, due to the odd layout of one way streets and the huge hills, and parking is prohibitively expensive (about $30.00 per day downtown, without in and out privileges so, if you leave, you pay again when you come back), and it is NOT easy to find in the middle of the day. Street parking is $3-4 per hour, with usually a two hour limit. The only times parking is not strictly enforced is after 6 pm til 6 am, and on Sundays.

The Ramada Inn Downtown arranged a shuttle for us to the port and it was on a van and it cost $8 per person. The Ramada Inn was a great little place and in a great location. It was an easy walk to the Space Needle and a nice walk to the Pike Place Market (although it was uphill coming back!)

I just called Springhill Downtown after seeing Karen's post -We have 5 rooms there for our Aug. cruise.

They said they will arrange a shuttle to Pier 30 for our Embarkation for $6 pp - How great is that?? They said to just tell them at check in !

I was driving myself crazy and had already arranged 2 ShuttleExpress Exclusive Vans for our Family Group that was going to cost me $124 + tip - OUCH!

Now I'm a Happy Camper! :D

Thank you for your replies. We are leaning toward the Marriott and I think we will just rent a car at the airport - we usually use Thrifty and Hertz. I hope they have a downtown drop off - I know it may cost extra but may be worth it considering a return to the airport would mean a taxi back to the pier.... I just love this website - it is so helpful and infomative!!!!

If you sail next year, apply for Marriott Credit Card and use points. You have time to earn over what the initial deal is. Look it up on line.

There is also a Sheraton card and a Hilton Amer Express card. Don't know about Sheraton card but do know about Hilton. Many points we have. We have a son in college!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!

Archived