Fresh Milk for a Pre-schooler

kev_chua

We are travelling with our 3.5 year old pre-schooler son on Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Sea in Alaska.

We are wondering if fresh milk is always available free-of-charge on the ship. We are sure that there will be for breakfast. But what about in the afternoons and in the evenings, as my son likes a glass of milk before his afternoon nap & before going to bed at night.

Or is it better for us to bring a carton of milk from shore.

Thanks

I agree with the above poster. RCCL is great in that they serve milk in the small "school" containers. Some other lines serve it like a fountain drink, if that makes sense.

When you sail RCCL, you can just grab a carton or two whenever the Windjammer is open (which is most of the time) or you can bring one or two back to the room with you and keep them in your fridge if you have one or on ice if you don't.

If you were sailing NCL, for example, I'd tell you to bring sippy cups to the buffet to bring milk back with you to the room.

There's always room service, but then you are at their mercy for when they come to you -- and you have to tip them.

We had such a problem with milk on the Brilliance in January. We would grab the little mini-cartons from the Windjammer in the morning and stick them in our fridge for nighttime. By the evening when we poured the milk into the bottle, it was clotted. This happened like four times! The fridge was fine temp-wise. It was really frustrating!

We had such a problem with milk on the Brilliance in January. We would grab the little mini-cartons from the Windjammer in the morning and stick them in our fridge for nighttime. By the evening when we poured the milk into the bottle, it was clotted. This happened like four times! The fridge was fine temp-wise. It was really frustrating!

Something had to be wrong with that milk! That sounds plain wrong to me!

The fridges are only cool boxes, not actual fridges. Someone once told me to add a bucket of ice to it to keep the temp down. I know that milk does not stay long in the cabin fridge. And this is on ANY ship.

Luckily, we could grab milk any time on any ship. So we had no issues finding fresh milk.

Archived