The best untold thing of cruises

I was actually shocked at the number of people walking around talking on their phones. And I bet they will be as eqaully shocked when then get home and see there phone bills, especially the teens and young adults.

I loved not having to make any decisions. I knew where and what time to eat, what time to get up (if I want to) and by booking excursions ahead of time we knew what we were going to be doing in port each day!

Now theres a positive minded cruiser..... wish more like you were on ships !

Yes, the no phones ringing is a huge thing for me! Here's a few more:

Not having to talk about work

Sitting and staring out on the beautiful water

Being able to do whatever you want for hours or do nothing at all

Not having to do the mundane everyday things like feeding the dogs or checking the mail

The excitement of seeing something for the first or 50th time

Acting silly if you want to and it's ok even if you're an adult like taking part in silly games or whatever

This list could be endless

Ditto on the phones, love getting away where work cannot reach me!

We enjoy hanging out on the balcony when it's time to leave port. There's always at least one or two folks late getting back to ship and the entire side of the ship, on their balconies, gets a bit rowdy screaming at the late comers. Most take it in stride and wave, others have been known to salute in far less kind ways to our heckling......if you know what I mean:eek: .

All in fun!

This happened on our last cruise. We were sitting out on the balcony waiting to leave port and "people watching". They had already called out the names of several people they were looking for who hadn't made it back onboard yet. Right as they were literally taking the walkway up here comes this guy yelling and running towards the ship. They did put the walkway back down and let him on after a couple of ship employees talked to him. People on the balconies were yelling and stuff to him. When the finally started to let him back on everyone started clapping and cheering and he went into this deep bow! It was funny and happens more often than what people think

A few things came to mind as "best untold things about cruising" or "you won't know 'til you go" ....

How mesmerizing the water is.

How you can't quite describe the color of said water (no matter how hard you try!)

How friendly and talkative everyone is.

How easily & quickly you get in "vacation mode".

How peaceful a night at sea is.

How decadent you feel for an entire week.

In a nutshell, I'd say "the wonderment of it all". :D

Nope on the Miracle... ;) but i dont get the joke ???

Trock,

I think Monkytime was making reference to the Mounted Police riding horses, hense the "horsefly ".

What most people, not from Canada, don't realize is the RCMP or "Mounties" only dress like that and ride horses for show - they are actually our equiviant to your FBI

The other day my sister calls me and says . . . . "I just heard the ring tone that goes off everytime there's about to be an announcement on the ship". We ususally go every 2 years, this years got moved to next summer. So needless to say she feeling the withdrawal now. It took me a few seconds but it definitely came to me.

I love that sound!!

My DH, Sister and her DH took our first cruise together on a HAL cruise. I was able to put HALs announcement tone on my cell phone. I assigned it to my sister. Every time she calls me (about once aI day) I get to hear that magical sound.

Can't wait for October.

I love that sound!!

My DH, Sister and her DH took our first cruise together on a HAL cruise. I was able to put HALs announcement tone on my cell phone. I assigned it to my sister. Every time she calls me (about once aI day) I get to hear that magical sound.

Can't wait for October.

Glad I'm not the only one! I was watching youtube cruise videos one night and heard the announcement chimes - it was immediately like I was back onboard. :) Same thing with the elevator announcements for each floor. A silly thing that brings back great memories.

So much of what everyone has posted is great. That feeling when you first get onboard that you don't have a care in the world and that home and responsibility are a million miles away. There's nothing in the world like it. :D

Archived