First cruise ,days to go ! Last minute tips please

Hi thanks for the answers to previous thread ,but a few last minute questions ? Should we bring our own towels if we want to go ashore and visit a beach? We drink a lot of bottled water can you only get it from the bar and can you get large ones on board or bring from shore.Ready to pack but am still not shure about DJ on formal night on Emerald ? what % dress up? What night is formal night ,is it the day at sea night ?thanks for you input

Diane and Roy:)

Diane and Roy.

Regarding the towels. We took the ship ones to the beach and had no problem. Towels take up a lot of room in your case and are heavy.

I never saw any large bottles of water but then again I never looked so maybe.

I drank from the water stations and found them fine.

The formal night is the Saturday when we are cruising. I wear a DJ but other people in our party dont and none of us feel out of place. I would say on formal nights 70% to 30% get dressed up. But as I say it is a very friendly crowd of people you get on a cruise and you will enjoy yoursef however you are dressed so dont worry.

You will have a muster drill on Saturday morning.

I will maybe see you on board.

You will have a ball.

Billy

There's no problem buying bottled water on shore and taking it on board - but it will depend on your itinerary as to how convenient that may be. We bought 500ml bottles for less than half a euro in small supermarkets close to port in several places. They sell bottled water on board in two sizes I think about 90p for the smaller one (55p if you have AI) but as Billy pointed out, you could rinse out a bottle and fill up from the water stations if you wish.

Have a wonderful trip all of you.

Diane and Roy, so pleased that you posted about the towels, as it's a query that I was intending to post today.

My husband is just wearing a suit and bow tie for the formal night. What time are you flying, we're leaving Cardiff at 7.45 am, half an hour later than originally informed.

Billy, what time are you flying? Only a few days to go now, getting really excited - hope we can all meet up at some point.

Wendy

Hi Wendy.Thanks for reply,we cant wait,Fly from Norwich and arrive at 9 pm.Shame but better than Stanstead ,early flight but we would have been on the go all night.Hope some how to catch up with you all

Diane and Roy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Diane and Roy, we had a really good time, think my husband is hooked on cruising now. We didn't arrive home until Friday night as we had a week in Corfu. Shame we didn't make arrangements to meet somewhere - were you and your husband on your own?

Billy did you and your gang have a good time as well? I did ask quite a few Scottish people if they knew Billy - didn't half have some strange looks when I said I didn't know your surname and where you were from.

Hi Diane & Roy

DJ of course.

Always dress up, never dress down !!

We had our first cruise on Spirit last year and loved every minute.

There will always be something that is not perfect, but overall what excellent value for money.

Keep an open mind and follow the example of the crew - SMILE

Enjoy you cruise.

Peter

Hi Wendy Yes we were on our own and met several people from Wales,who knows we may have spoke.Had a fantastic time and are thinking of going again as soon as we can.How about you ?Diane and Roy

Hi Diane and Roy, were you first or second sitting for dinner and what number table were you on? We were first sitting and our table was 78. We were flying over to Corfu and my husband realised he had forgot to pack his suit jacket, but he was lucky enough to borrow one off one of the singers.

It's our 40th anniversary next year and we were hoping to do a round the world trip - staying in Australia for three weeks to see relatives - but my husband has changed jobs recently and doesn't think he can have six weeks off from work now, so we are thinking of another cruise if he can't, don't know which one to choose though, spoilt for choice.

Wendy

Archived