Cinnamon Cache near Emerald Lake

Details

Murray, aka Yukon on this board, wrote me and said they were reopening on 6/15. Has anyone been there yet? We visited three years ago and loved their cinnamon buns. Was wondering if anyone has eaten lunch there yet. (It would be a good stop for those driving to Emerald Lake from Skagway.) Thanks in advance.

Hi Yukon!

I recommended this place for my sister and BIL to stop for lunch on their drive from Skagway to Emerald Lake. I hope that others will post a review in the next month or so. Their southbound cruise doesn't leave until 7/26.

Once again, I must thank you for your enormous help re: Alasla sites. You are truly a GEM! I loved your pics from New Zealand too! Congrats on your recent marriage! The pics were lovely.

Diane

We just stopped there last week! Yummy buns! We really enjoyed talking with the owner. She mentioned that she had just re-opened. I highly reccomend a stop- you can't miss the signs "Get your buns in here" and something along the lines of- eat here or we will both starve.

Had lunch before that at Spirit Lake- the bread for the sandwiches was wonderful homemade!

JC in CA

We are renting a car and going to Emerald Lake. Could someone give me an idea where it is. I'd love to put that on my "to stop at list". Thanks!

It's not that far from Emerald Lake. You will notice it on your way up from Carcross to the lake.

Had lunch before that at Spirit Lake- the bread for the sandwiches was wonderful homemade!

JC in CA

Where did you stop for lunch at Spirit Lake? Doesn't the Cinnamon Cache also serve sandwiches? Just curious.........

We saw Cinnamon Cache first- right hand side of the road on the way to Emerald Lake. Thought it was just buns/bakery type store. Soon past that was the restaurant at Spirit Lake- we knew that they served lunch. (Not sure of the name- but next to it was horseback riding and behind it was rental cabins and Spirit Lake.)

Yes- Cinnamon Cache serves lunch- soup, sandwiches - I think. After tasting the buns- I bet the soup was equally delicious!

-JC in CA

Archived