Not sure how Carnival does it but am glad they do.

dfishner

With prices seeming to rise all the time, it is great to see something coming down. I am booked on the carnival liberty for Novemeber 15th and had a really great rate and was very happy since it was quite a bit lower then the Freedom of the seas that I booked for the same time and same itinerary. The saving was so sufficient that it was a no brainer to change.

I just was looking on line and saw the same itinerary just two weeks later on the liberty with it being reduced another $100 so I called my TA and switch my sailing date. The difference between the new booking and the Freedom booking is $670 the difference beween between the first liberty sailing and the one I just book is $118 savings.

We loved to cruise and even though cruising is still a great deal, pricing is starting to creep up. We enjoy a balcony cabin and have no intention of downgrading. What Carnival has done for us is by keep their pricing down we can still enjoy our balcony cabin and still cruise for a little over $100 day and that is with the fuel charges added in all taxes and gratuities. If you asked me a year ago if I would sail on Carnival I would probably have said no. This is not because I do not like Carnival was that we were trying to become Platinum on Royal, we also like the RCL ships but not for $670 more and that is with our Platinum discount, obc and gratuities paid by our TA. $670 to me is quite a sum and the difference is better in our pockets so we can enjoy the things we enjoy doing on a cruise.

We know we will enjoy the Liberty, so Carnival if you are reading this thanks you made our day and my wallet thanks you as well.

DW and I are also looking at Carnival Liberty for 11/15. Carnival just posted a Senior Discount for this date, and we will probably go ahead and book.

Was booked on that two weeks later same cruise less so look at November 29th date as well.

Archived