Dream while docked in Hamilton - port or aft?

LadyBerard

It seems that there is a very high likelihood that while sailing on the Dream you can get docked in Hamilton. I was fortunate. I sailed on the 5/25 sailing and docked in St. George's. While docked there, starboard had the prettier view (ocean view). But, I'm sailing again on it on 9/28. If we dock in Hamilton, which side faces the city?

Hamilton is closed to cruise ships, unless there is a storm and you can't get through the harbor cut. You will be docked in St George. It depends whether you like looking out at the water or at shore.

i totally thought this was the case, dude. but to my surprise, the Dream was docked at Hamilton last week (i was on the Dawn). now...i was wondering if it's because NCL sponsors Harbor Lights...i dunno. i have to say knowing NCL is one of the sponsors...it really created a nice backdrop to the evening.

but as of last week...i can definitely vouch that the Dream was docked in Hamilton on wednesday. not sure about the other days.

Yes, the Dream was docked, for it's entire island visit, in Hamilton. That's the 3rd week this early season. Seems wind has been the problem, either to get into St. George, or the chance that once in, may not be able to get out!! Watching the season closely, as we sail the Dream, on the very last cruise of the Boston/Bermuda season.

i totally thought this was the case, dude. but to my surprise, the Dream was docked at Hamilton last week (i was on the Dawn). now...i was wondering if it's because NCL sponsors Harbor Lights...i dunno. i have to say knowing NCL is one of the sponsors...it really created a nice backdrop to the evening.

but as of last week...i can definitely vouch that the Dream was docked in Hamilton on wednesday. not sure about the other days.

yes but my point also was if it is scheduled to dock in St George and Starboard there is not port side and sometimes you go to Hamilton and Starboard is Port side- how do you plan to go to a different side? Book two rooms? It is scheduled for St George, on occasion it goes to Hamilton which appear impossible at the time of booking to predict. Frankly either side's view in Hamilton or St George are ok with me. Personally at the Dockyard I prefer being not port side but there sometimes the ships dock portside and sometimes starboard....your guess of which they will do is as good as mine. and finally its only the Dream that has a problem in St george because of its large width. The Majesty seems to make it each time.

yes but my point also was if it is scheduled to dock in St George and Starboard there is not port side and sometimes you go to Hamilton and Starboard is Port side- how do you plan to go to a different side? Book two rooms? It is scheduled for St George, on occasion it goes to Hamilton which appear impossible at the time of booking to predict. Frankly either side's view in Hamilton or St George are ok with me. Personally at the Dockyard I prefer being not port side but there sometimes the ships dock portside and sometimes starboard....your guess of which they will do is as good as mine. and finally its only the Dream that has a problem in St george because of its large width. The Majesty seems to make it each time.

well yeah. quite true. i wasn't arguing. just was pleasantly surprised to see the Dream. with the Wind part of Star Cruises now...was just nice to see the sister ship.

and yes...things can change on an itinerary at any time.

well yeah. quite true. i wasn't arguing. just was pleasantly surprised to see the Dream. with the Wind part of Star Cruises now...was just nice to see the sister ship.

and yes...things can change on an itinerary at any time.

Zone - which side faced which way on your cruise?

Zone - which side faced which way on your cruise?

if i am standing on front street with the shops behind me, and looking at the ship...the bow of the Dream was to my right. so that means the starboard side was facing front street.

(at least that was last week.)

if i am standing on front street with the shops behind me, and looking at the ship...the bow of the Dream was to my right. so that means the starboard side was facing front street.

(at least that was last week.)

I thought you were on the Dawn??!?!?

I thought you were on the Dawn??!?!?

oops...i was too quick to answer the question.

if i stand in front of the clocktower mall (dockyard), with the mall behind me looking at the Dawn, she is facing to the right. Starboard side faces the clocktower mall.

sorry, brutha.

Archived