Mini Suite on Crown Princess?

triplefigs

Been on two disney trips! One in 76 @ age 8 and again in 86 - last 'family' vaca. (College, gradutaions, marriages, etc) Now, my retired parents have this unthinkable plan of a 'family vacation' they've been saving for for 'years' and want to take us big kids, and all our kids to Disney:eek: . Gotta know the history here, (too long and dramatic, should be a soap!) but don't know of anybody but young nephews (2-3-4) our (my) parents, and my sister looking forward to it. Me, bro, DD, SIL, and BIL aren't so eager. I think (know;) ) mom, dad, and dear sister live in a dream world, and putting us all together, thousands of miles from home is going to burst their bubble! That's June 2009, so we shall see. Going to enjoy my cruise, first!:p

Sorry to get off topic there, but on balcony, I think Emerald will be good choice for you and DH! I, however, want to enjoy all the sun. I'm not in the habit of looking up, so if someone wants to watch me, then so beit. It isn't a pretty pic:rolleyes:! I think you guys will enjoy the more private, balcony, with nobody watching, kids or adults. email me, got pics of the UBD (ultimate balcony dinner).

Have to give me some tips of entertainment for self, bro, SIL, BIL (late 30's early 40's), and DD (15) can hide at Disney;) and have a good time? Not sure I'm going yet:o, has yet to be confirmed.

What did you think of D709? I'm in 710 next year. Open doens't bother me, just curious if everything seems like a 'long walk' or noise, or movement? Noise I figure not, with rooms above and below, but I am still curious!

Even though I don't know anything about Disney, I'll jump into this thread and respond to your question about the "long walk"! I sailed in A738, which is almost all the way aft, and didn't think it was a long walk to the places I mostly went: the buffet is toward the aft, the aft pool, Adagio . . . And for getting to the Theatre or other venue forward, if you use the aft elevators, stairs down to the Promenade Deck, and then go forward, you're passing along a deck with public areas, so it doesn't seem as long a walk as walking all the way forward on a deck with just rows and rows of cabin doors.

What did you think of D709? I'm in 710 next year. Open doens't bother me, just curious if everything seems like a 'long walk' or noise, or movement? Noise I figure not, with rooms above and below, but I am still curious!

We liked it because we were down the hallway from the main action with a short walk to the aft elevators. No problems. We were 3 rooms down from the laundry room which was convenient.

The movement really didn't bother me in that room. Perhaps I got used to it because it did move a bit more than midship. I normally feel it quite a bit but I usually wear seabands during the cruise to help.

Open was nice. It was great to be able to sit on the balcony and get full sun.

Thanks! I'm off to look. Hey, I see you love Disney too! We take our triplets at least once a year. Can't wait to try our first cruise now.

Yes I do love Disney. Been probably 15 times at least at this point. Trying to figure out if I can squeeze one in this year too. If not I am having fun trying to help my boss book his trip and make reservations.

Have fun on your first cruise.

That's kind of what I was figuring, but had heard mention of 'everything was so far away', too. I like the idea of being in the quite little corner there in the back part, near the laundry (gotta pack light with airline restrictions!) and yes, aft pool - where I told DD I would be most the time anyway.

Plus, I'm not physically fit, but not a couch potatoe and lazy, either, so that kind of gave me the idea that is wasn't going to be too bad.

Thanks for the input on that. Asked a lot of questions before I picked the room I felt was right for us (needed interior across hall - DIRECTLY across) and that was available.

So again, thanks for the help! And any suggestions ;) of good hiding spots at Disney, I'm still open to them:p . Or go second week in June 09, bound to see lots of fireworks all day long!

That's kind of what I was figuring, but had heard mention of 'everything was so far away', too. I like the idea of being in the quite little corner there in the back part, near the laundry (gotta pack light with airline restrictions!) and yes, aft pool - where I told DD I would be most the time anyway.

Plus, I'm not physically fit, but not a couch potatoe and lazy, either, so that kind of gave me the idea that is wasn't going to be too bad.

Thanks for the input on that. Asked a lot of questions before I picked the room I felt was right for us (needed interior across hall - DIRECTLY across) and that was available.

So again, thanks for the help! And any suggestions ;) of good hiding spots at Disney, I'm still open to them:p . Or go second week in June 09, bound to see lots of fireworks all day long!

Your welcome. Loved the aft pool. Just got off the Carnival Miracle and they had the adults only aft pool too.

Archived