Excursions sold out, even before sailing?

rev91770

Hello Rev91770, I hope you had a nice trip and were able to book the dog-sled tour. I was wondering if you could please post to let us know if there was space available when you arrived onboard in the tours the website had posted as "Note: At this time inventory for this item is no longer available online. To book this excursion you need to inquire onboard. To view schedule, please click on Show Details."If yes, do you have any suggestions?

Has anyone seen this message on a tour they wanted to book "Note: At this time inventory for this item is no longer available online. To book this excursion you need to inquire onboard. To view schedule, please click on Show Details" and were you able to book when onboard? I know that Celebrity says that they save spots for onboard booking so I'll try to be onboard early. I just want to be sure that missing out on a morning in Vancouver is a reasonable tradeoff and not a futile effort. Thank you for your help!

kathynorth - YES this just happened to me last month. I waited too long to book the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari in Skagway because we weren't sure our plans for the day, and it was offered online for 9:30am and 2:35pm. By the time my plans were set, the 9:30am tour gave that message. I am elite captains club and I called them, customer service and everyone else to no avail. I booked the 2:45pm tour and re-arranged my plans for the day. We got onboard early around 11:45 but I never thought to check with the shore excursion desk. But when I got into my cabin, and looked at the excursion list, the 9:30am tour was shown on the list! So I went right down to the desk and was able to change my tickets for the earlier tour. They do hold spaces open for onboard bookings, so it is well worth getting on early and going to the desk to see if you an book your desired tour. Good luck!!

bjksgk, this certainly is good news! We too struggled with our decision-making and then missed out on bears in Ketchikan. At least now we know exactly what we want! Since we'll be overnight in Vancouver we'll make our way to the ship bright and early, then make a bee line for the excursion desk. Thank you for your response!

Archived