Ship Time

Is the time on the ship determined by what port you sail out of? I'm wondering about a private excursion in Cozumel that one of the start times is 10:00am. According to the itinerary we will arrive in Cozumel at that time. Anyone know how it works? Thanks

The tour operator, even a private one should be aware of the time difference. I have been to Cozumel several times, some we stayed on Miami time others we changed to Cozumel's time. Whatever it is make sure your watch is set to the same time as the shim. It would really ruin a vacation to miss the ship :)

So if I book the excursion now for the 10:00 time and they change to Cozumel time, we will just be getting there at the time it starts. That won't work out. You don't find out til you're on the ship?

We stayed on ship time. I believe Cozumel was an hour behind us and we went out of Florida. So if you arrive at 10am ship time that would be 9am Cozumel time. You can always check with the private tour operator, they probably know.

I use worldtimeserver.com to verify any time difference there might be. I also always keep my watch on ship time. And, when I do book my excursions independently I have always found the tour operator/company to be very helpful to work with.

Archived