Question for Mr. Barbados or anyone

jim & Robin

Hi-

I think i have finally settled on something just give me your input. I decided first thing at 9:30 to book a small catamaran and go swim with the sea turtles for 3 hours. I found this excursion through shoretrips.com. Then i will find a taxi to take me to a really goregous beach on the west coast. which beach would you choose, Paynes Bay or Mullins Beach? And how far away are they from the dock? If you think the Boatyard will do then tell me what you think. I am just dying to lay out with palm trees lining the beach and have that type of beach atmosphere. Thanks for your help. You are awesome.

bye

felicia

I like the early catamaran idea.

Now, as for which beach………

Take a look:

Mullins Beach, Barbados

mullins.JPG

Payne’s Beach, Barbados

paynes-barbados.jpg

Payne’s is the closest to the pier, about 15 minutes or a US$8 taxi. It is a nice beach and has Bombas Beach Bar and the Coach House that have all the food and drink that you’d ever want. A nice spot.

Mullins is a little further north; about a 20 minute/US$10 taxi ride. It has a beach bar, lounge chairs, umbrellas. Now Gibbs adjoins Mullins on the south end and is secluded and beautiful. You can walk easily there if you’re on Mullins.

When we have a few hours to relax, we can walk to Mullins from our house, so obviously that is the one that we frequent most.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either. Why not taxi up to Mullins and try it out, then take the bus or shuttle down to Payne’s then shuttle back to the cruise terminal. Much cheaper and the busses/shuttles run often. That way you’ll have seen them both and won’t think you were short-changed. :)

With either one that you choose, you can’t go wrong.

Have a wonderful time on the island and please report back upon your return. :)

You are so helpful. I am going to book the small cat from 9:30-12:30 in the am. the 3 year old will love it. then we will go to mullins from 12:30-2:00 and eat a relaxing lunch hang out and then head down to Paynes 2:00-3:00 and then back to the ship by 3:30 as it leaves at 4:00. Way too short a time to see barbados!!! Thanks for all your help. This shuttle/bus how does it run is there a schedule i can see? thanks bye

felicia

Mr. B.

Is there a place to get food at Mullins? If not we will go to Paynes first being they have a restaurant. I wanted Mullins first but it will be lunch time and we need to feed the little one, so whichever has food we will go to first.

thanks again.

bye

felicia

Mr. B.

Is there a place to get food at Mullins? If not we will go to Paynes first being they have a restaurant. I wanted Mullins first but it will be lunch time and we need to feed the little one, so whichever has food we will go to first.

thanks again.

bye

felicia

First, about the busses and shuttles…

The busses run every ½ hour and the shuttles are usually every 15 minutes it seems. I doubt you’ll have to wait more than 15 minutes max for either. Remember, even though you’re standing at a bus stop, you still have to wave them down or they probably won’t stop.

Yes, there is food aplenty at the Mullin’s Beach Bar. Not to worry!

Good planning for your day but please watch the ship sail time. I believe you said it sails at 4pm and you’re going to head back at 3:30. That’s pretty close, perhaps 3pm would be safer, yes?

Have a wonderful time on a wonderful island! :)

Yes, Mr. B. We are only going to Mullins after the small catamaran tour. We want to spend our time at Mullins and eat and relax. Thanks again for all your help. You really are very helpful to everyone on this site and i am sure everyone appreciates it so much. You are great!!!

Bye

Felicia

We cant wait to see Barbados!!!

Archived