Live from QM2 July getaway voyage

grandsix

I have heard Mark on another QM2 cruise and think he is great. I will be on the ship at the end of September. Does any one know if he will be on then?

Thanks for any info.

Carole

Hi Carole-

We chatted with Mark, as we met him on previous voyages and our son plays jazz clarinet and is a fan of Mark's. He indicated he came back on board about 3 weeks ago. Usually the contracts are for 3 months or more, so chances are he will be on board when you are. He now as a duo of two young men, replacing the prior team. The trio is as great as ever, thanks to Mark's talent.

We went to the lunchtime jazz jam in the pub on the first sea day and also the jazz jam on Sunday evening. We tried to stop in each evening for at least one set.

FYI- Campbell Simpson was frequently in the Commodore Club. He is also excellent.

and now I get to practice more dancing (staying out of the line of dance of course!). I have just booked for the Caribbean Adventure Nov 21.

Too many of us sometime forget our dance etiquette to leave room so others can circle the end or give room to others on the dance floor. Guess you had a good time to book again. Or was it all those attractive ladies you danced with?

PunkiC,

To answer your question, the crew Mass on our 24-day Med cruise on QM2 was held Sun. 10:30pm. Of course, not all of them could go, since many of them are still on duty. But the priests (2 Army chaplains) assured us that the crew's religious needs were looked after, which was nice to know. We love having access to daily Mass on board!

I was expecting that some of the crew members would attend the Saturday evening Sunday Mass. It just doesn't seem quite right to me to have one Mass for passengers and one Mass for crew.

"

Seems most passengers had an enjoyable sailing. We had a great time. Debarkation was pretty easy and we arrived home. Miss being back on the QM2 already. Who is going to pick up our bath towels tonight. Returning next month 8/7 & 8/13 for transatlantic voyage."

So did I read this right? Are you doing back to back crossings returning to New York on the August 13th voyage? If so come join our Roll call for that leg of your trip, please. I sure hope so!

Cheers,

Peg

Sealegs9,

Thank you so much for the information. I will look forward to hearing Mark play again. I appreciate your responding to my question. I am getting excited about being back on the QM2, even if it is only for 7 days.

Carole

"
Seems most passengers had an enjoyable sailing. We had a great time. Debarkation was pretty easy and we arrived home. Miss being back on the QM2 already. Who is going to pick up our bath towels tonight. Returning next month 8/7 & 8/13 for transatlantic voyage."

So did I read this right? Are you doing back to back crossings returning to New York on the August 13th voyage? If so come join our Roll call for that leg of your trip, please. I sure hope so!

Cheers,

Peg

Yes we will be on 8/7 & 8/13 voyages. Crossing the Atlantic Ocean on this magnificent Ocean Liner for us is always a fabulous experience.

There are just a few postings for the roll calls of 8/7 & 8/13. Not sure why the roll calls for Cunard attracts much less traffic than the other lines. It is a great way to meet other passengers and show the large lobby that Cruise Critic has. Yet the main Cunard C.C. threads can at times be very feisty.

"

Yes we will be on 8/7 & 8/13 voyages. Crossing the Atlantic Ocean on this magnificent Ocean Liner for us is always a fabulous experience.

There are just a few postings for the roll calls of 8/7 & 8/13. Not sure why the roll calls for Cunard attracts much less traffic than the other lines. It is a great way to meet other passengers and show the large lobby that Cruise Critic has. Yet the main Cunard C.C. threads can at times be very feisty.

I'm so glad you will be on our 1st ever TA and QM2 voyage. Looking forward to meeting you!

FEISTY! So funny reading these forums. Cunarders are very passionate about tradition and I respect that yet I must admit I have had a few chuckles at what I have read.

Peg

Archived