Bowalie Sailing Tours

sharke

• 5 months later...

We're just back from Bonaire and fell into the most enjoyable sailing tour ever. Only being in port from 1pm till 7pm we figured we'd just spend the day on the beach and then a little shopping but. . . We were lucky enough to catch up with a lovely couple, Walter and Liezeth Kwakkenbos who provide small sailing/snorkelling trips. They only take eight people at a time and have several options. (It was just us four and one other couple this particular day) We chose the 3 hour sailing and snorkel for $60 US. They were waiting for us off the ship right out of the gate, drove us to their beautiful sailboat where we launched. You can even help if you like or just sit back and enjoy the ride and info provided. We sailed up the coastline, then snorkeled a while, then back the opposite direction past our ship and back again. They provided drinks, including a great Venezuelan beer and softdrinks and appetizers. Also included the snorkel gear.. Such an interesting couple, moved from Amsterdam several years ago after buying the sailboat and started the business. They were a pleasure and provided us with one of our most enjoyable tours of the cruise. Try them, www.bowalie.com or e-mail at info@bowalie.com You won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...

We also just returned from this excursion (sailed on the Bowalie 12/31). The weather was perfect, the 2 person crew was informative, funny and made for the BEST excursion we had our entire cruise. I really liked that they only take up to 8 people max so it's relaxing and not crowded at all.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing, fun time. Don't wait to sign up as it was full prior to docking in Bonaire.

• 2 months later...

We pre-arrange the tour for March 16, 2009 and since there was on 4 of us we had a short wait while Walter & Liezeth drummed up another 4 folks. It didn't take long. The other group was somewhat apprehensive but we all had a great time. I felt that if they didn't find more folks in 10-20 minutes we would do the tour with just 4 of us.

I personally do not do water but the other 3 folks in my group do. The group felt this was the best of three snorkels on this trip. Part of the fun was the sail from the snorkel area to close to the ship and then back to the Bowalie dock.

Great time was had by all

• 2 years later...

DW and I just returned from a 14 night cruise on Celebrity Constellation. Our last stop was in Bonaire and we booked the Bonaire Sailing Charter through the ship. I had done some research prior to booking and knew that it was with Walter and Liezeth aboard Bowalie. There were 4 couples from the ship on the excursion and a fabulous time was had by all. Walter and Liezeth were wonderful hosts and the sailing and snorkeling was fantastic. We would highly recommend this excursion.

I've attached a few photos from our time on Bowalie.

2011May04_0019.jpg

2011May04_0059.jpg

2011May04_0235.jpg

Archived