Ensenada & Cabo with kids ??

got twins?

Hello!!

My hubby and I + our 8-yr-old b/g twins are crusing on the Carnival Elation this August.

We are looking through all of the reviews to learn what to do in Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas.

This is our first cruise with kids, and we really want to make it a great experience. Does anyone have any good kid-friendly shore excursion tips?

We prefer some simple options (even just going to the beach) over the fancy and expensive.

Thanks so much!!! :) :)

Hello!!

My hubby and I + our 8-yr-old b/g twins are crusing on the Carnival Elation this August.

We are looking through all of the reviews to learn what to do in Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas.

This is our first cruise with kids, and we really want to make it a great experience. Does anyone have any good kid-friendly shore excursion tips?

We prefer some simple options (even just going to the beach) over the fancy and expensive.

Thanks so much!!! :) :)

You might get more responses if you post this question under the Ports of Call section.

you sound very similar to my daughter and I. We are taking the same cruise but we are leaving on July 26th. I have not decided on what excursions to take yet or if we should take one. We want to have fun, stay safe and do something we have not done before....

Exactly!

We do want to get out and try things...but we don't want to over-do (or over-pay) with the kids.

It sounds like Cabo has several good "beachy" options. Ensenada, however, is not lookin' as good. I see that Estero Beach / Resort might be an option.

I'd love to hear more...anyone??

hi, we did it last year with our kids. In cabo we did a glass bottome boat tour it was approx 30 min and then the boat drops you at the beach where there are resturants, play in water, rent jet skis lots to do then the boat will come back and pick you up and take to dock. it was cheap like 10 each kids free...

in ensenada, the first time we did the La Bufodora tour it is a long bus ride and then you walk thorough aggresive booths and see the water blow hole and bus back to town it was thru a vendo at dock and not expensive either. then the 2nd time we walked around town got nachos and walked back toward ship along water edge and there was a boat doing harbor tours for $3 per person so we did it, it was about 1 hour long we didnt go out to far but it gave a diiferent view of the area and saw a sunken ship full of seals it was also fun..

Hope that helps, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mommyx2...that does help!!

Couple of follow-up questions -

Who did you book your tours with...was it Carnival or private?

I don't remember the Carnvial being that inexpensive.

It does sound like a great option, expecially because it gives a little beach time too.

Did your kids (and you) actually enjoy the blowhole tour?

From what I read, it's a lot of hassle for what it's worth (and a long bus ride too!!)

:) :)

We did the Elation cruise last December with our four girls.

Cabo: I would say that Cabo is the best place to do the "beach thing". There are really nice beaches there. I would NOT pay for the tour through the cruise line personally. When you get to the dock (you're tendered in) there are mass guys lined up trying to get you to go on a tour with them that you can haggle over price to do different things. Always offer less than what they start at. I would suggest either Lovers Beach (the ship anchors right near it), or Santa Maria cove, which is what we did, and I think a little more of an adventure. I think we paid like $18 per person & it was a 45 min boat ride out there. They waited while we snorkeled for 2 hours & then a 45 min boat ride back. It also included the snorkel equipment. The ship sells the mouthpeice for $5 new if you want. Everyone had a blast! We even had time to shop a little around the marina before we got back on board. So cheap too compared with what the ship charges. Unless you are there during whale watching season (spring) this is probably a great thing to do in Cabo with kids. There really isn't much else.

Ensenada: The blowhole is ok. I thought it was nice, but the kids thought it was really boring. So this last time we did the Fox Movie Studios tour. It wasn't a super exciting time, but it was very interesting & we got to see lots of movie props & sets including the Titanic. They have a website you can check out. Our tour (through the ship) included lunch at the Rosarito Beach Hotel. The food was good and afterwards we walked out to the beach right outside the hotel. They had horses lined up & I think it was like $10 bucks for 20-30 mins. Something like that. That was really cool.

Anyway those are my suggestions. We had a great time. Not sure where you're from, but if you're spending some time in San Diego and would like some suggestions let me know. I'd be happy to help. :p

you sound very similar to my daughter and I. We are taking the same cruise but we are leaving on July 26th. I have not decided on what excursions to take yet or if we should take one. We want to have fun, stay safe and do something we have not done before....

We are on this cruise also, and booked the Baja Bandidos Horseback Trail through the Carnival. We've only been to Ensenada once and shopped the first time. The boys didn't have fun, :( so I thought we'd try the Horseback Riding and hope we get to see some beautiful countryside. My boys are 12 & 13, so we are hoping it turns out to be a good time.

While we are in Cabo, we booked a Snorkeling Excursion. Again through the cruise line. I'm sure we'll be sorry that we paid more, :eek: but for me doing all the planning it was just easier.

Nina

We are on this cruise also, and booked the Baja Bandidos Horseback Trail through the Carnival. We've only been to Ensenada once and shopped the first time. The boys didn't have fun, :( so I thought we'd try the Horseback Riding and hope we get to see some beautiful countryside. My boys are 12 & 13, so we are hoping it turns out to be a good time.

While we are in Cabo, we booked a Snorkeling Excursion. Again through the cruise line. I'm sure we'll be sorry that we paid more, :eek: but for me doing all the planning it was just easier.

Nina

Nina

My daughter is only 10 so she was to young to go horseback riding.. though that is what she really wanted to do.... I agree sometimes about booking through the cruise line. You don't save any $$ - usually pay double but it is safe and convenient. Maybe we will see you on board. We have first seating..

• 2 weeks later...

On Cabo we rented dune buggies and had a blast. My brother's family went to the dolphin thing there next to the port. They had a blast, but that is expensive.

Just stay on the ship in Ensenada. I've been there 4-5 times and have never found anything that I'd do again. Why not use the day to have the ship and pool to yourselves? :)

Archived