Parasailing

jrmama496

I would like to parasail while in Key West and was comparing the different

companies that offer it. The least expensive one seems to be on a website called bestonkeywest.com. They have a morning special for $29 per person. I called and was told that they are located "steps" from the cruise ships.

Has anyone ever used these people? Are they OK? Any information would be helpful.

I would like to parasail while in Key West and was comparing the different

companies that offer it. The least expensive one seems to be on a website called bestonkeywest.com. They have a morning special for $29 per person. I called and was told that they are located "steps" from the cruise ships.

Has anyone ever used these people? Are they OK? Any information would be helpful.

This is waht I *think*...

bestonkeywest.com is one of the "catch-all" web pages that is used to advertise various companies. The $29.00 parasail is offered by Sunset Watersports which has two locations; one on the otherside of the island on Smathers Beach and one listed at 201 William Street. William Street is the small street that runs behind the Key West bight, behind the Schoooner Wharf Bar, Turtle Kraals and the Hald Shell. If this is the location they are referring to then it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the cruise ship docks. (It's somewhat un-direct). Sunset Watersports is one of many reputable companies that take people parasailing. The thing to find out is how long you will spend in the air for your $29.00. There are other comapnies that also run specials on two people, so the total might come out less for one of those.

hth

Pjk

We parasailed thru them in March and they were very good. We left from the Smather's Beach location and walked there from the port and I'd recommend getting a cab. We walked the length of Duval Street and than a few blocks along the coast (about an hour of walking- than again we were taking our time and sight-seeing)....We got a taxi back to the port afterwards.

One suggestion- If you go they'll try to sell you pictures for $30 or $35 and I'd pass on them. We bought em and it's certainly not worth it.

Of the reputable companies, which one is closest to the ship? I don't really want to wonder off very far. We have been to Key West several times and my son would rather spend the rest of the day enjoying the ship. We live in Miami so we can see Key West any time.

Of the reputable companies, which one is closest to the ship? I don't really want to wonder off very far. We have been to Key West several times and my son would rather spend the rest of the day enjoying the ship. We live in Miami so we can see Key West any time.

Fury...http://www.furycat.com/key-west/parasailing.htm

You dock at, and Fury is located at, #1

md-key-west-wedding-map.gif

Fury...http://www.furycat.com/key-west/parasailing.htm

You dock at, and Fury is located at, #1

md-key-west-wedding-map.gif

Has anyone used them before? Are they good?

I used Fury my first time in Key West go to parasailing. They were incredible! It cost about $30 or 40, if I recall correctly. The crew was excellent, very nice and friendly. The ride itself was well worth the money, but if you get seasick in a small boat, it might not be the best option.

My advice? They have a stand located off one of the main streets near where Carnival docked (I think it was Duval; I may be mistaken) and when we checked it out we weren't entirely sure we wanted to do it, so they knocked the price down a bit if we wanted to go in half an hour. I'd definitely wear your bathing suit if you do it, and I wouldn't really worry about booking in advance if you've got a flexible schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

We parasailed with Fury in February and it was great!! Great and fun staff, very helpful and just great time!! They offer a very great rate for those who just want to ride along and not actually go parasailing which was great for those who want to parasail but are with another person who really doesn't want to "go up". My friend didn't want to parasail but wanted to go along for the ride - she got some really great pics and was able to take pics of others as well. Fury offers a disc of pics that they take of you as well and I think that was $20 or so but that is entirely up to you whether you want to purchase or not.

I would 100% recommend and will be parasailing with them again in Feb. 2009 while in Key West on the Freedom!

Have fun!!!

Archived