Carnival Legend vs Glory with kids

luvmyjewels

I've posted this question on the Carnival board, but maybe someone on this board will be helpful as well. I'm in the process of selecting a cruise for December and am looking at either the Carnival Legend or Glory. I've previously sailed RCL, but due to prices I think we're going to be limited to Carnival (or NCL). We will have six people going, which are myself, dh, our 3 kids (4, 6 & 8) and my mother. I think booking 2 cabins (oceanview) will be our best option.

The Legend will have the following ports: Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. Glory also will be going to Cozumel and Belize, however it will go to Costa Maya and Nassau (instead of Grand Cayman and Roatan).

DH and I previously went to Nassau, and thought that taking the kids to Atlantis would be fun for the day... but other than that, I have no idea how kid friendly the other ports' excursions would be. Does anyone have any advice?

THANKS!! Shell

Hi Shell--

We've been on both ships, with our kids (under 7) so can say that the activities will be similar on both ships. Camp Carnival will also be set up in a similar way. The Glory is a BIGGER ship, for the "WOW" factor, your kids might like that better.

Your 4 year old may be too young for many ship excursions, so I would recommend to book an independent tour guide. We usually do, and find that they are very accommodating of young children and their needs.

We've also been to many of the ports you mentioned and can recommend the following:

Grand Cayman--swimming with stingrays (booked independently)

Cozumel--visit a nearby beach w/water toys (water tramp, iceberg, etc...) or visit the nearby ruins

Belize--river cruise and visit to ruins

Nassau--day trip to Atlantis

If you visit the port of call boards on this forum you will find more info on many of these ports.

Hope that helps!

CeleBrat

Archived