Question about Mayan Paradise Tours

Nando

Hi -

I've been corresponding with a guy named Marc from M.P.T., trying to set up a snorkle/snuba trip. His e-mails tell me to go to Chankanaab Park and they are located by the sea lions but, their website say's they are located in Nachi Cocom.

Where do we go? I'm not too crazy about paying an entrance fee to the park if all we have to do is go to Nachi Cocom. But then again, I certainly do not know what I'm talking about since I've never been to Cozumel before.

Could somebody, possibly someone that's used M.P.T. tell me what's going on?

Thanks, Kim

Thanks CozSally!

I don't know how I got those two mixed up. I'm so glad that's cleared up now. Couldn't understand why I was never given a specific time to come, he told me

they run from noon till three, and that was all.

I just e-mailed Gary @ Mayan Paradise Tours. Our ship will be in Cozumel on a Saturday and I see from the site they don't operate on that day, but am keeping my fingers crossed that they will add that day before then.

Thanks again!

Kim

I believe Mayan Paradise has added a Saturday tour, they just haven't updated theor website yet. If not, I can almost guarantee they will have added it before you get here. Your countdown is currently at 74 days which puts your visit squarely in our high season! Due to the quality of the tour, business for Mayan Paradise has been steadily climbing, so they will be plenty busy by then.

Enjoy!

Could one of you who has used M.P.T. tell me a little bit more about the trip?

I am wondering how many stops you made? How long at each stop? How were the stops determined? Can you make requests? Did you snuba at each stop or only one? How many people were on the boat? How much is the taxi to Nachi Cocum? How long of a taxi ride is it? Are there taxis waiting afterwards to take us into town? What is Nachi Cocum like? Anything to eat or do there? Anything else to help me with the business end of the trip. I'm already sold on the fact it would be a great excursion.

Thanks, Su

The trip makes three stops and those who choose to snuba will get to do so at one of the three, and snorkel the other two. I would say about 45 minutes at each stop. I went during the summer when currents are more of a factor, they chose the sites. I'm not sure you get any input, even when there's no current. It's a large boat and they had about 25 the day I went. The taxi to NC is $14-15 depending on your pier, for up to 4 passengers. It's about 20 minutes from Punta Langosta and 15 from the International and Puerta Maya piers. NC is a very nice beach club, with a bar and restaurant. It's not my first choice, but given you'll be there anyway, staying for a couple of hours would be a good idea.

Enjoy!

No, I don't get paid. Thanks for asking since it gives me a chance to clarify that for others who may have been wondering. So what do I get out of the hours I spend answering questions? For one thing, I like to do it. More importantly, the object of the game is to show you SUCH a great time in Cozumel that you decide to come back for a week! Then the whole island benefits. Pretty sneaky, huh? :)

Sally,

I just wish there were someone like you on all the port boards.! One of my friends (who only does land based trips) says Cozumel is one of her two favorite places in the caribbean to go. I'm looking forward to the chance to find out why.

Su

Explorer of the Seas 01/30/05

Sally, your sneaky plan worked for me! We were there last March on a cruise and went to Paradise Beach. We loved the island so much that we went down for a week the first of this month. We had a wonderful trip. Cozumelenos (sp?) are such wonderful people. The only complaint that we had was that we had to come back home. We were hoping that customs or immigration would stop us so we didn't have to come back to reality! :p

I'm so glad! The people here ARE wonderful, and the island has so much to offer.

Next time you come, let me know so we can hook up. It's difficult to coordinate meeting cruisers (unless you're Tom) but anyone planning on a week's stay should definitely let me know so we can have a coffee or drink! 16.gif

• 1 month later...

I am very interested in doing the snuba diving with Paradise but my e-mails won't go though. We will be arriving at port at 10:00AM and their time schedule says that they leave at 9:00. Does anyone know if they have more than one boat that leaves at at later time or have any information that could help me. We will be the only ship in Cozumel that day so I don't know if that matters any. But, any and all information is appreciated especially since we are first time cruisers and have never been to Cozumel before.

i get military rates that are very cheap and as being my cruise mate you also can share my rate if you share my cabin, if interested see my personal info here or at bizzop.net and see my trip info at trip.hw5.com < put the w's in front to get there i.e. www ..... or call me at 4052312795,, interested Male or Female any age group

Bill

I am very interested in doing the snuba diving with Paradise but my e-mails won't go though. We will be arriving at port at 10:00AM and their time schedule says that they leave at 9:00. Does anyone know if they have more than one boat that leaves at at later time or have any information that could help me. We will be the only ship in Cozumel that day so I don't know if that matters any. But, any and all information is appreciated especially since we are first time cruisers and have never been to Cozumel before.

Question - why do you say your emails won't go through? Any spma filters on your end?

What day will you be in Cozumel - What ship?

They only have one boat to the best of my knowledge.

I have done snuba with them and would not hesistate to go again.

Thank you. This is the first e-mail that hasn't ever gone through, so I don't know. But, We will be on the Grand Princess in Cozumel Thurs. February 17. And thank you for the e-mail address. It went through this time.

Archived