HMC Parasailing

Sailor Gal

Yes, I did it in 2004 from the Zuiderdam. I'm afraid of heights, so it was in large part to show myself that I could do it and live to tell about it.:)

It was just awesome! Nothing difficult - they're very safety-conscious and explain everything to you. I do remember how beautiful and absolutely quiet it was while floating up there. I also remember wishing I had the nerve to turn my head a little bit and look around, but was afraid to move too much. But that's just me.

If it's something you think you'd like to try, I'd certainly give it a go - carpe diem!

My son & I did it a long time ago - perhaps 10 years or more. I also did it to prove I could, although the thought scared me to death. However, it was very smooth & easy - I'd gladly do it again. We were going to ride separately, but a storm came in and with the wind they were afraid to let me up alone (not enough weight). So, we went tandem and except for the painful rain hitting me it was wonderful! If you've ever been on a coaster or fast ride in the rain, you know how it can hurt! But, there was no lightning so the excursion went as scheduled rain or shine!

Sue/WDW1972

Westerdam 1/11/09

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I'm afraid of heights but on the other hand I'd absolutely LOVE to parasail. I'm just scared I'd freeze up at the last minute or worry too much about it ahead of time. Hubby wants to do it - perhaps it's best he does it alone. Can I go along with no charge to observe?

Wow! I'm afraid of heights but on the other hand I'd absolutely LOVE to parasail. I'm just scared I'd freeze up at the last minute or worry too much about it ahead of time. Hubby wants to do it - perhaps it's best he does it alone. Can I go along with no charge to observe?

I doubt it. The boat's not very big, and I don't see them "wasting" space on someone who hasn't paid. You're free to book & pay for yourself to do the excursion as well, but not go up. Maybe hubby can go up twice if you don't want to. But, that way you could both be on the boat together.

Sue/WDW1972

Westerdam 1/11/09

• 1 month later...

I took picures while parasailing at HMC in January 2008. I used a disposable water camera to take a few shots in the air and couldn't resist a photo of my feet dangling over the water :) The view was beautiful!

Another rider on the boat used my digital camera to take a video taking off and landing as well as picures in the air.

I had a great time and plan more parasailing at HMC in January 2009 :D

626660608_ParasailingJanuary112008HalfMoonCayBahamas19.jpg.8fa7f3260e1856ce32e1e16df029d17c.jpg

2142938230_ParasailingJanuary112008HalfMoonCayBahamas17.jpg.fc79b9f9ea315de0c847b7405fb66dda.jpg

320631945_ParasailingJanuary112008HalfMoonCayBahamas02.jpg.d329c91aab06694607c654bb1dd5131d.jpg

This may seem like a silly question but here goes.... Does the para-sail boat pick you up from a dock on shore or do you have to wade out or ride out to it on a small craft or float?

The last time my daughter went para-sailing the ride out to the boat was the scary part!

Archived