Cruising on Liberty with Pregnant DW

Hi everyone,

I'm interested to hear from any expectant mothers that have taken a Caribbean cruise on Liberty/Freedom?

My DW booked the cruise we're taking later this year a few weeks before learning that we were expecting a little cruiser!

I just want to if possible learn from other expectant mothers experiences and tips etc to try and help my DW enjoy the cruise to the maximum whilst pregnant.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I'm interested to hear from any expectant mothers that have taken a Caribbean cruise on Liberty/Freedom?

My DW booked the cruise we're taking later this year a few weeks before learning that we were expecting a little cruiser!

I just want to if possible learn from other expectant mothers experiences and tips etc to try and help my DW enjoy the cruise to the maximum whilst pregnant.

Thanks in advance.

"How pregnant" is she? (yeah, yeah, I know. You can't be a little pregnant - how far along will she be on the day of sailing?)

Q: What is Royal Caribbean's policy on cruising while pregnant?

A: Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=000075jTiilpWhsuxIKC-5AUopt:12hbiodf7?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=313&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

How pregnant will she be when you cruise? RCCL has rules on this.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000vpPMK66TDFYe8fovFs9CCRL:12hbioan0?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=313&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

Chances are, your wife will be beyond the 24th week cut-off. You may want to consider taking your cruise earlier. You won't be able to take your new little one until he/she is at least six months old at the time of sailing due to RCCL rules. If I were you, I would try to go before the cut-off. Keep in mind, RCCL may need you to provide a letter from your doctor stating her due date and # of weeks pregnant at the time of sailing. Congratulations!

FYI: lots of info on pregnant cruising on the family cruising board.

Archived