Waitlist on the Caribbean Princess

ss475

A month ago we saw on Princess' website a cruise on Oct 19th Canada/New England for a certain price. We tried to book it and were told online to call Princess. We called and were told it was waitlisted. We took the waitlist and were unable to use our future cruise credits and were told we had to put $250 down which we did. Yesterday we received a Captain Circle flyer with the same cruise at a lesser price, so we called Princess. We were told the category is filled from this promotion and you cannot be waitlisted on a promotional price. Then we were told that the price we thought we had agreed upon on the original waitlisted booking, would not necessarily be honored. At such time as a cabin might become available we would have to pay the prevailing rate. Do you think this is a good business practice?

We are pushing for Elite on Princess and are Copper on Holland America.

A month ago we saw on Princess' website a cruise on Oct 19th Canada/New England for a certain price. We tried to book it and were told online to call Princess. We called and were told it was waitlisted. We took the waitlist and were unable to use our future cruise credits and were told we had to put $250 down which we did. Yesterday we received a Captain Circle flyer with the same cruise at a lesser price, so we called Princess. We were told the category is filled from this promotion and you cannot be waitlisted on a promotional price. Then we were told that the price we thought we had agreed upon on the original waitlisted booking, would not necessarily be honored. At such time as a cabin might become available we would have to pay the prevailing rate. Do you think this is a good business practice?

We are pushing for Elite on Princess and are Copper on Holland America.

I believe you were talking to one of the "know nothing" reps. The catagory and price you were waitlisted at is still your price. You are still too far out to worry, though sometimes a waitlist gets a cabin immediately. (Our last one was in 48 hours). The flyers are printed way in advance; you can never rely on them. When you clear the waitlist you will get still get your FCC credit.

Pia

You can waitlist but the price will be dependent upon the prevailing price on the day you clear the waitlist. As far as fcc they can only be used for deposit on 'confirmed' bookiings (waitlist is not a confirmed booking)and if you want to apply them after you are confirmed in order to get the on board credit you can. In the case of a 7 day cruise weigh the benefits of the obc versus the ability to save them and use them for a future cruise that you want to book far out from sail date. The Princess representative who told you the price is not today's price is correct, now it MAY be the same , but it may not. If you are cleared, you will know the price then and you can accept or decline the cabin, if you like/dislike the price.

Why would they not want to use their FCC's? Some people have a lot of FCC's on hand (like me) and then again, if they clear the waitlist, they'll be on board and can buy more.

I also disagree about price, since I've waitlisted many times and the price has never changed. Unless of course there's been a major overhaul since last fall.

Pia

Ok so made the call, price is not necessarily the price you see at time of booking, that is why when you receive the waitlist confirmation via email there will be no pricing. But it very well may be the same, they are just saying it may not. As for using fcc's after the fact that is your choice.

We booked this cruise many months ago and the price has fluctuated many times!! I checked the prices this morning and nearly fainted. WOW they sure went up since the time we booked. Check out the Oct.5th sailing and compare it to the 19th and you will see what I mean.

Carol

We booked this cruise many months ago and the price has fluctuated many times!! I checked the prices this morning and nearly fainted. WOW they sure went up since the time we booked. Check out the Oct.5th sailing and compare it to the 19th and you will see what I mean.

Carol

I'm sorry wrong date:o I meant the Oct.12th sailing compared to the 19th sailing.

Archived