Wheelchair accessible tours in Georgetown, Grand Cayman

Moonstoners

I don't know for sure if the accessible limo service still operating. I haven't heard any post hurricane reports regarding this and Grand Cayman suffered massive damages (from several storms). Most buildings received some structural damage and 50% are uninhabitable. I have a long list of closed resorts and reports of a lot of damage to the infrastructure. So, I'd like to hope for the best, but the accessible transportation may be another hurricane causality. Please post here if you can verify their operation after this date.

Candy Harrington

• 5 months later...

There's a company in Grand Cayman that does Island Tours. When I contacted them and told them about my son in a wheelchair, they said that they would find an accessible van to take our group, and that it would be the same price and the same itinerary as the regular tour.

They can be reached at www.stingraycabandtours.com

I haven't gone on the cruise yet, so I can't vouch for the company. However, they were very prompt in answering my request, and seem to be doing what they can to make the tour possible for our family.

R. Aubrey Hawton

Archived