No excursions for Port Said Pacific Princess 9/5/08

Fun2Bwith

The Pacific Princess Holy Land cruise of September 5 has no excursions listed for Port Said.

Is this normal?

Is there anything to do in this port?

Surely Princess doesn't expect everyone to take an overnight trip?

Any help appreciated.

Charles

The Pacific Princess Holy Land cruise of September 5 has no excursions listed for Port Said.

Is this normal?

Is there anything to do in this port?

Surely Princess doesn't expect everyone to take an overnight trip?

Any help appreciated.

Charles

That's very strange, as on the Star, there were many excursions offered that were just for the day. Maybe they haven't opened the ones up for Port Said yet?

I see nothing re:egypt but you can always check the www.travel.state.gov website, it is usually not a bad thing to do with some of the ports of call on that type of voyage....let us know what is up with port said, hopefully is just a problem with personalizer or they are still not loaded although you are within the 60 day time frame. Call princess or ta?????

I am doing Holy Lands in November. My understanding when reading the excurison booklet, the Egypt ones were only availble on first day of the two ports. (So, if you look just at the general excursions book you will see tihngs that are not available for a specific cruise) .

I agree seems weird to want everyone to do overnights. Maybe the thought is that since many of the one day excusions on the first day are 9- 13 hours long - people would not want to do the second.

Curious to hear what you find out.

Suzanne

I see nothing re:egypt but you can always check the www.travel.state.gov website, it is usually not a bad thing to do with some of the ports of call on that type of voyage....let us know what is up with port said, hopefully is just a problem with personalizer or they are still not loaded although you are within the 60 day time frame. Call princess or ta?????

There's nothing "uo" with Port Said. I just came back beginning of June from 2 weeks in Egypt. Has to be a Princess glitch.

Pia

I just returned from the June 25th sailing on Pacific Princess to the Holy Land. There are no excursions for Port Said. You can walk around the port area and take the ferry across the Suez canal but expect to be hounded every step of the way with people trying to sell you stuff. There is a beautiful mosque on the Port Said side of the canal that will allow you to enter if you make a small donation. The mosque on the far side of the canal will allow you to look in but not enter. Riding the ferry across the canal is an interesting experience. By the way there were 190 overnighters out of 670 guests. Another 350 (self included) did the 13 hour one day tour to the pyramids.

Archived