Morocco ports

Anyone been to Morocco lately? Are the sights close to where the ship docks? Interested in Tangier and Casablanca ports of call.

How about safety issues? Thanks.

Anyone been to Morocco lately? Are the sights close to where the ship docks? Interested in Tangier and Casablanca ports of call.

How about safety issues? Thanks.

Have not been lately,but all I will say is go with a group tour..best way to go unless you have been before and are a well seasoned traveler.I went to Tangier from Spain on the ferry so cannot address the port question.

Here is an interesting discussion on Casablanca from the Africa Board. There are some more discussions over there, too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=800971

We are going to Casablanca and Agadir in January on the NCL Jade. In Casablanca we plan to walk to the Hassan II Mosque as described in the above thread. In Agadir we are going on the ship's excursion to Taroudant, commonly called "little Marrakesh".

We stopped in Tangiers in May. We took a 5.5 hour walking tour - no transportation. We were surprised that the ship had a shuttle that people paid for. It seemed that we were at the shuttle drop off point quickly (maybe half a mile). Maybe the shuttle was to get you out of the port area which seemed to have higher security (we were not allowed to take pictures in the port area).

We were with a guide arranged by Aziz tours. The guide was very reasonable, I think only $20 a person. He told us not to look anyone in the eyes and not to let anyone engage us in conversation. I always felt safe, but I saw that the guide watched over us like a mother hen so he must have had some concerns. The guide wore a yellow kerchief on his sleeve and he seemed to know everyone. I would definately get the guide.

Do a search of this site - I posted last month.

Archived