b2b cruising, excursions and other queries

First timer with lots of questions.

Hubby & I are doing Moorish Delights followed by Med Renaissance on the Spirit. Does anyone know what happens on changeover day, we should (if Thomson have done their job) have the same cabin for both weeks. Do we need to sort out our bill for the first week or does everything just automatically follow on to the next week? Are all the facilities still available if we just want to hang round the ship?

My next question is I've heard that although bottled water is not included on AI when trips are about to leave there is bottled water available for 'excursioners' is this the case and is this free or chargeable?

I've also heard that on some of the excursions there has been a drink/snack stop included in the excursion although it was not mentioned in the itinery. Does anyone know any thing about this?

For the formal night i have a pair of stilletos, am i likely to be ok in these or more likely to break my neck! How are the decks for walking in heels?

First timer with lots of questions.

Hubby & I are doing Moorish Delights followed by Med Renaissance on the Spirit. Does anyone know what happens on changeover day, we should (if Thomson have done their job) have the same cabin for both weeks. Do we need to sort out our bill for the first week or does everything just automatically follow on to the next week? Are all the facilities still available if we just want to hang round the ship?

We stayed on the ship during "changeover day", but many people went ashore. You get a full day in Palma that way. There was also a free trip running if anyone wanted to go on it - we didn't and didn't hear of anyone else that did!!

My next question is I've heard that although bottled water is not included on AI when trips are about to leave there is bottled water available for 'excursioners' is this the case and is this free or chargeable?

You pay for bottled water on your cabin card. Can't remember how much it was though. There are also water stations in the lido restaurant. You can't take your bottle to the dispenser, but you can fill glasses up and then team and ladle them into your bottle if you so wish!!!

I've also heard that on some of the excursions there has been a drink/snack stop included in the excursion although it was not mentioned in the itinery. Does anyone know any thing about this?

When you book your excusions it will state if lunch is included. Some trips it is - some it isn't.

For the formal night i have a pair of stilletos, am i likely to be ok in these or more likely to break my neck! How are the decks for walking in heels?

You should be fine in your stilletos depending on how many of the AI cocktails you indluge in. I favour the Mojito - it's to die for!!!

Hope all this helps

Ann

No problems on change over day - you just treat it as any other port of call and come and go as you see fit. All ship's facilities are available to you - and of course the restaurants. We did a lovely trip independently on the Soller train through the mountains to the Port de Soller and had a great day on our middle day. If you think you'd like to do that excursion on your own, I'll happily give you the details of what we did.

Your account will roll over into the second week. If you have registered a credit card, I think they withdraw money periodically during your holiday - but that's just an administrative thing with them and doesn't affect you at all. You will be given an intermediate account part way through and then another just before you leave the ship so you can check that everything's in order. The final amount was deducted from our bank account after we'd arrived home last time.

We've done several b2b and never had to change cabins.

I think when we had AI the bottled water for the smaller size was 55p and more like 95p for the litre bottle (and a bit more if you aren't AI). It's cheaper to buy some at local supermarkets if you can. They don't stop you bringing it on board - but it's not extortionate to buy from them.

Archived