Hotels in NOLA

naples585

I am looking at hotels in NOLA for 4/29/05 (day before 4/30 cruise). I heard this is the week of a jazz festival? Anyone know if that's true. Maybe that is why I can't find any rooms lower than $250 ( too much for me). I've heard about bidding on priceline but have not a clue how to do it. It is for my family of 4 (me,DH,DS7,DD4) plus MIL so I would like to stay close to port and French Quarter (if that's even possible). Any suggestions?

We did the same dates last May one. Try priceline. You want 3* garden area. There are a couple of free bids with areas that don't do 3* so check them out first. The going rate was between 50 and 60 for the Hilton Riverside which is just down the street from the port on the river. We booked lat for the $60, others early for a little less. We all seemed to get the Hilton though

Yes, it's Jazz Fest. I searched all weekend for affordable hotels that didn't require 2,3 or 4 night minimum stays. We finally ended up booking on line with the Sleep Inn in the Central Business District. I had increased my bids over $100.00 per night and down to a 2 1/2 * hotel with Priceline and didn't get accepted in any of the 4 zones close to the port. The Sleep Inn is pretty centrally located, and had pretty good reveiws from what I read.

This will be our first cruise from New Orleans, the Grandeur on the 30th too. We usually cruise from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and we always stay at the Marina Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale and have always got our reservations thru Priceline.

Best of luck with your hotel reservations.

Kathy

Archived