Would a Princess cruiser like HAL?

Folks,

This is looking more like a done deal with everything I read. One other question comes to mind. On Princess they have Express Walk-off where for disembarkment if you deal with your own bags, you can be the first off the ship. It really makes it convenient if you have a fairly early flight. Does HAL offer something similar?

Thanks for all the great advice so far.

Mike

I don't remember if HAL has walk-off or not, but they are pretty organized when it comes to disembarkation. Last cruise I had an 11:15 AM flight, and I was at FLL by 9:40.

Yes, Mike, HAL does have walkoff, and I know the Veendam specifically has it because my brother and sister-in-law did that on our Veendam cruise in March, 2007. Of course, it was delayed because some women, who was on a b2b cruise, refused to leave the Lido for immigration procedures, thereby delaying everyone's departure. I wonder if HAL threatened to permanently put her off the ship?? The Veendam is my favorite. It is a lovely, elegant ship. Doesn't hurt, either, that it sails out of my back yard. I envy you your holiday cruise. Enjoy!

We like HAL and Princess both.

We did the Veendam on a port intensive Europe trip and it was perfect. 1250 passengers. Easy on, easy off. However, if not a port intensive tour we would have been a little bit bored. Not a lot going on.

The Vista ships are closer to Princess, a little bigger, more activity and entertainment. Also newer ships.

It is hard for anyone to predict what you would like but HAL has a very nice product

Oh, I LONG for there to be nothing going on! Of course, we've only cruised once and we missed almost everything because we did so much in port we were pooped after late (traditional) dinner. This time DH says it will be different; we will go to a pool:D . We are not doing traditional dining because, as pleasant as it can be with good tablemates, we are looking forward to sampling many dining options, including lobster in our room so we will be able to bathe in the butter if we want:o . We never got to the piano bar, only once to the Ocean Bar, no barbecue, no reading a book, no trivia, no...you get the idea. I am counting the days (130 as of today!).:D :D :D

Archived