Are The People On The Conquest Singing Hello Dolly?

Luanne21

Guest carlogesualdo

That's funny! I hope Dolly doesn't mess things up too badly for them or for the next group. My grandmother would die laughing if she was still with us. (Her name was Dolly)

CC's main page has a story about Carnival changing itineraries due to Dolly, but didn't mention Conquest.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2691

Tropical Storm Dolly in the Western Caribbean has kicked off a first round of itinerary changes. Carnival Cruise Lines rerouted several ships this morning to avoid rough seas and inclement weather caused by the storm, which is currently packing maximum sustained winds of about 50 miles per hour.

star2.bmp Carnival Liberty will remain at sea today in lieu of a call at Cozumel. The ship will visit Cozumel tomorrow, instead, originally a scheduled sea day.

star2.bmp Carnival Inspiration will call at Key West today in lieu of Grand Cayman.

star2.bmp Carnival's Holiday will call at Key West today in lieu of Progreso.

star2.bmp Carnival Imagination will visit Ocho Rios today and Grand Cayman tomorrow instead of the other way around.

Though the tropical storm watch has been discontinued for Belize, a tropical storm warning remains in effect for Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, which includes Cozumel and Progreso. Also, hurricane and tropical storm watches have been issued for areas along Texas' southeast coast.

Dolly is moving toward the west-northwest at a clip of 18 m.p.h.; forecast models have Dolly reaching hurricane status over the Gulf of Mexico sometime tomorrow -- and making landfall near the border of Mexico and Texas toward the end of the week.

We'll keep you posted.

Just got back today (7-27-08) from Conquest and Captain and crew did an outstanding job of keeping us out of harms way.......BUT it was some rough around noon on Monday until early Tuesday a.m., I have been on Esctacy right after a hurricane and it was rough, but never on COnquest class size ship whenit was that rough.....We had a lot of folks who were visiting the infirmary and getting motion sickness meds......They opened and closed the solarium in the Aft adult area all afternoon on Monday......We had a lot of people swaying with the weather and waves......but after the bands of weather had passed great week and smooth sailings.....will do a review when

I get a chance.......

Archived