Legend March 28 2009 St. Thomas-Ft. Lauderdale

Seabourn-nail

Hi Paul!

Most things are well........... however..........!

Seabourn cancelled the first 6 days of our cruise......... so maybe I will join you in Ft. Lauderdale........ or cancel. I don't know yet.

Marja

Hello Marja,

How disappointing for you. Why did Seabourn cancel the first six days?

Susanna

I just signed up for the Legend November crossing in '09. Will start in Rome. I know this is counter-intuitive to all mu crossing protestations, but I got a great deal and now my health dictates not too many port day excursions.

Marja - My mom and I will be on the crossing! See you at Sail-away!! :D

Hi all!

Thanks for you support.

What crossing do you mean Matt - this November or the April one?

Looks like we will be on both, but I will decide later about the April one, because indeed Seabourn has chartered the Legend for the 6 days previous to the crossing!

Brian and Kathryn already knew this in December last year, while we only booked it Febr. 28 of this year! Kind of weird, isn't it?

I'll do some research today. I was looking at the 10 days after the crossing, but we have seen these ports so many times already and on top of that, it would be too close to our May Pride cruise. René would go crazy if he couldn't disembark in Lisbon on the 16th!

But all of this is peanuts of course! It is a disappointment, but no more than that!

Have a wonderful day!

Marja

Marja,

as you know we were booked on the St. Thomas-Ft.Lauderdale-Lisbon cruise and were thrown overboard for the first leg St. Thomas-Ft. Lauderdale too. We decided to sail the crossing and stay on board until Malaga because Seabourn offered us a good deal on that part of the cruise.

Love from Cologne

Christian

I have just seen this post and can't believe what I'm reading. We are booked on the Legend St.Thomas to Lisbon next April, and we only booked the St.Thomas to Ft.Lauderdale leg at the end of April. We have also booked our flights and now I see it's been chartered, why would Seabourn take our booking and also why hasn't Seabourn advised us of this change, I can't tell you how disappointed I am to have found out in this way. I shall be phoning my TA first thing in the morning to find out what is going on.

I have just seen this post and can't believe what I'm reading. We are booked on the Legend St.Thomas to Lisbon next April, and we only booked the St.Thomas to Ft.Lauderdale leg at the end of April. We have also booked our flights and now I see it's been chartered, why would Seabourn take our booking and also why hasn't Seabourn advised us of this change, I can't tell you how disappointed I am to have found out in this way. I shall be phoning my TA first thing in the morning to find out what is going on.

I'm very sorry for you Prunella! I hope you don't blame me for it! You mean of course the end of March, but I understand it is not funny at all to read about the cancellation like this!

I think Seabourn will try to find you a similar cruise. Good luck!

Marja

I'm very sorry for you Prunella! I hope you don't blame me for it! You mean of course the end of March, but I understand it is not funny at all to read about the cancellation like this!

I think Seabourn will try to find you a similar cruise. Good luck!

Marja

Hi Marja,

Of course I don't blame you, I just think it is very bad of Seabourn not to tell us all at the same time. Even if they offer us another cruise at a good price I'm not sure that we would take it. We just might take the opportunity to try another line!

Anyway I hope we will see you on the crossing next April, unless we both decide to cancel it!

Hi Marja!

Paul and I are booked for both Legend transatlantic crossings, April and November 09! We made friends with quite a few people on the April 08 crossing who will also be with us in 09. Paul and I are planning to fly right out of Lisbon on the 16th to Greece and spend quite a few lovely spring days on one of the islands.

I hope you will be able to work out your plans to include the April Legend crossing. You and Rene would be very missed if you weren't aboard!

Ginger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I just thought I'd bring this to the surface since it IS my next cruise and final payments will be due soon! :D

Matt,

We ALL are just on the crossing (or some may extend after Lisboa) because the 6 days before the crossing were chartered.

And yes, paying time is just around the corner!

My hope is we will be on it as usual.........

Merry Christmas!

(And do persuade Cliff to sing........ I think he would!)

Marja

Archived