Eze - worth it?

Hi,

I am planning a tour from Nice to Eze to Monaco then back to Villefranche on Sunday.

Here is my planning. It would be appreciated if somebody could let me know if the information is correct and help to fill in some missing information.

From Villefranche to Nice by train - i guess the train is quite frequency and not need to check the time table, right?

From Nice to Eze by bus ( bus stop at Gare Routiere )

- Nice to Eze-le-Village / Bus No. 82 ( isn't with this bus I don't need to walk uphill? )

From Eze to Monaco / Bus 100 ( how frequent is this bus and where is the bus stop located in Eze? )

From Monaco to Villefranche by train ( which train, how frequent the train is and where is the train station located in Monaco? )

Thank you in advance.

isn't with this bus I don't need to walk uphill?

The upper part of Eze is car-free. So from a certain point you must walk if you want to see the nice places and do not just want to stay in the city center.

Regards,

HeinBloed

The upper part of Eze is car-free. So from a certain point you must walk if you want to see the nice places and do not just want to stay in the city center.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Yes, we will probably walk up to see more.

How about the transportation. Is it correct for what I have written?

If you want a nice place to eat that I think is a tad less expensive than the other restaurant mentioned......try the White Horse Restaurant. We had lunch there while on a tour to Eze. It was very very good ! It is at the beginning on the small street that goes right up to the steps (where no cars go ;) ) and right across from the parking lot where the buses park. Not quite the view the others have but I believe the cost is CONSIDERABLY less. Just an option.

Dog Bear, not sure if this reply will reach you in time... you meant on Sunday as in 4 days ago or just on a Sunday? But anyway, I haven't been yet, our cruise is at the end of the month, but I've done plenty of research which I can share.

Sunday trains can be a problem. They are infrequent, during some parts of the day there are only trains once every 2 hours. We're choosing to go to Nice by bus which takes about 15 mins (trains take 7 mins) and there are buses every 5 mins or so. From Villefranche to Nice there are several bus lines, but your best bet are 100 and 81.

From Nice to Eze I wouldn't take the 82 which only runs every 30 mins or so. 100 would also be the line of choice for this route. The journey time is about 25 mins.

From Eze to Monaco the 100 line should have frequency every 5 mins or so.

Monaco back to Villefranche again trains may be a problem. It is best to check the timetable online first. You can check here: http://www.raileurope.com/us/index.htm. But I would take the bus.

Bus timetables you can check here: http://www.lignedazur.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp?rub_code=6&thm_id=538&gpl_id=0&lign_id=1092

OK, hope that helps.

Archived