Island Tour, Fun at the Beach, Volcano, which one?

Jello27

The beach break is inside a park called Pigeon Island. You have to pay to get in and there are no vendors. It's a small white sandy beach, and they provide you with a cooler of rum punch, beers and juices. I think there are two bars and a restaurant. I am not sure if the park fees are included in the $28.00 you were quoted.

Does the $28 include the park fee? Are there enough chairs and how would you rate the beach?

Martin I can't tell you about the price for just the beach break because we also did the ziplines so our beach break price was included in the cost with a creole lunch that we requested. I will rate that beach 4 out of five. Antigua has the best beaches but Serenity took us to Pigeon island and it was not crowded. There were beach chairs and there was no need for umbrellas because we were shaded by the tree top canopy. At that beach there are also restaurants and an area to hike. You will not regret.All the best.

Martin I can't tell you about the price for just the beach break because we also did the ziplines so our beach break price was included in the cost with a creole lunch that we requested. I will rate that beach 4 out of five. Antigua has the best beaches but Serenity took us to Pigeon island and it was not crowded. There were beach chairs and there was no need for umbrellas because we were shaded by the tree top canopy. At that beach there are also restaurants and an area to hike. You will not regret.All the best.

How were the ziplines? We did them in Costa Rica a few years ago and loved it. I thought that someone said there was a long hike to get to them. Is that true?

Why choose?

My wife and I did the Serenity private tour, and we did it all. We went to the volcano and mineral baths, the waterfall, the black-sand beach, the rum factory, and the banana plantation (and I think there's a couple other things I'm forgetting).

Go with Serenity, you'll have a great time. They'll make sure of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I started this thread and is amazed at the level of response it has generated. Thanks all for helping make our cruise a wonderful experience. St Lucia was the highlight of the islands, just as expected. With all the To-ops mentioned here, I have no doubt that St Lucia is No.1. Whichever one of the tours you choose, I am sure you will enjoy the experience. You get a chance to be with a group or private. In every instance, it is always personal and friendly. I think the island will be much sort after as more cruises go there. Thanks Sherma, John, Caroline and Yola. We will do our best to tell everyone about your island and Serenity Tours and Vacation. I have written several posts here and hope you continue to prosper. Peace

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nothing beats the variety, affordability, nor the options of every HEROD TOUR .... and the accolades in these forums bear this out!

Find which one suits your desire on his nearly-completed website HERE[/quote

I am sure all the tours operators are doing a wonderful job and SERENITY tours is no exception with over 52 excursions to choose from. The ziplines we did and fun at the beach was a great choice we had made. Maybe next time will be do an island tour to see the west coast.

• 4 weeks later...

That's one tour I don't mind trying next time we visit st.Lucia. Serenity has full detail about the Rhythm Discovery Tour on their website. I think it is their cheapest and shortest tour where the main highlight is to visit the rum distillery, you get to sample most of the rum made on the island and you also get a short tour. Don't know much about it so my best bet is to call them for more info or wait on reviews from persons who have done it.

• 4 weeks later...

Have read most of the ideas about Land and Sea Tours: My question is ? Is there a tour that doesn't include snorkling and beach: We are an older couple who has to stay out of long exposure to the sun. Wide brim hats do alot but water and beach are pretty much taboo: The rest of the tour sounds great:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are a family of two adults in our 50's and two grand daughters aged 7 and 8.

We will be St Lucia in April 2010 off the Noordam.

What would you suggest for our age group?

What will the weather be like in April?

We will be at Castries from 8am - 3.00pm, but then the ship goes to Soufriere, just for an hour though from 5 - 6pm.

Apparently there is one tour that ends up in Soufriere and the ship picks you up from there. The tour is called Queens Route.

A bit weary about taking a local tour, as scared if we are late the ship will not wait for us. Has this happened to anyone in St Lucia?

What currency do they use?

Look forward to your comments.

Mal NZ

• 1 month later...
We are traveling towards the end of January and is interested in Zip lining while in St. Lucia. Saw the banner add for Serenity Vacations above and is wondering what to make out of it. Looks rather captivating have not call them as yet but would like to gather some more information. Can we guarantee that they will be back before the ship set sail? What is the policy on cancellation within seven days before trip?

Hi Billy,

I am certain you will have a great time booking your zipline with Serenity and not having to worry about getting back to the ship on time. The zipline tour takes about 4hrs that includes the trip to and from the sight. You can also call them free.

To answer your question on the cancellation penalty I just copyied the info right from their site.

A 50% penalty is also in effect for tours canceled within twenty four (24) hours of tour date and time.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks much saillingaway12, I appreciated that you responded. I did called their tol free number and was rather impressed with the information I received from Carol. We will definitely zip line through the rain forest and perhaps get some St. Lucian Liquor on our way back to port. Also we don't have to worry about our credit card being charge before we get to the island. Can't wait to set sail.

So you will be doing a different free style, zipline and rum distillery. What a great combination. Do enjoy your time and do report back as to how it went.

Hi Billy,

I am certain you will have a great time booking your zipline with Serenity and not having to worry about getting back to the ship on time. The zipline tour takes about 4hrs that includes the trip to and from the sight. You can also call them free.

To answer your question on the cancellation penalty I just copyied the info right from their site.

A 50% penalty is also in effect for tours canceled within twenty four (24) hours of tour date and time.

I was worried about the cancellation as well. We wanted to book a group of 4 adults and 1 child for the day at the beach. Spoke to John and was advised of the 24 hour cancellation policy, which is kind of a problem since if you wake up and it's raining, you get charged. He told me that if it was bad weather they wouldn't charge me. Problem is, whose definition of 'bad' will be used? His or the four adults and child in the group.

I was worried about the cancellation as well. We wanted to book a group of 4 adults and 1 child for the day at the beach. Spoke to John and was advised of the 24 hour cancellation policy, which is kind of a problem since if you wake up and it's raining, you get charged. He told me that if it was bad weather they wouldn't charge me. Problem is, whose definition of 'bad' will be used? His or the four adults and child in the group.

Are you saying if it is raining that you will have a bad tour? Oh come off it. That's all they got in St.lucia rain and sunshine which is alot better than snow all over. By the way while we were there it only rained for about 5minutes and that was it. I am sure the companies do make allowance for extremely bad weather. I am certain you don't get charged if your cruise don't show up which is not the companies problem so a little rain should not be an issue. If you are concerned about a companies policy the best thing to do is walk out your ship and go grab a cab.

• 3 weeks later...
I will suggest that the island tour through Serenity will be idle. They are a local company but their business do depend on taking cruise passengers back on time. I doubt any one has had a problem with them but I am sure others will share their views.

The main curency used in St.lucia is the Eastern Caribbean dollar but the US dollar is widely accepted.

Go out and have a great time in St.lucia it is worth the views.

I second scheduling a day with Serenity. My family of 8 was with them last week. Russell was our guide and we had a simply wonderful day. John and his team were awesome to work with (from start to finish). They make it fun and informative.

:)

LOL! If it's in the rain forest, it might rain some. LOL! The rain stops shortly and the sun is out in a matter of minutes. We had rain last week in St. Lucia when we were there with Serenity for a day tour. My family was freaking out (their first time in the Caribbean). The rain was hard initially, but later you would have never known because it was sunny and beautiful.

Serenity is very professional. You'll be in good hands. They're not out to rip anyone off. They care about what they do, referrals, and repeat customers. :D

Archived