Seasickness

That's really surprising that she can't take Bonine, which is otc and has almost no side effects but can use the patch which is prescription and has several. She wouldn't approve ginger? I've heard of a couple of reasons people can't use ginger-allergies for one and I seem to remember something about blood related issues.

I hated sea bands. I was using them correctly, but all they did was make my wrist sore.

I though it was odd that she wouldn't approve ginger also. She (the Dr.) says there is no way to know how it will react with medications. Mom doesn't have any allergies that she knows of and isn't on too many meds, just for high blood pressure and HRT.

I though it was odd that she wouldn't approve ginger also. She (the Dr.) says there is no way to know how it will react with medications. Mom doesn't have any allergies that she knows of and isn't on too many meds, just for high blood pressure and HRT.

I take Atenolol for High Blood Pressure and have never had a problem taking Meclizine(same as Bonine). My Doctor approved it.

I thought people never got seasick on cruise ships but reading these boards it seems that it does happen!

Do you take any meds with you in case the seas are rough? What is the best way of dealing with it - lying down in the cabin or sitting out on the deck?

yes, it can and does happen....Bonine (Meclizine) works great.

Archived