Weather in Seattle

kk-l

What's the weather been like in Seattle this summer...and what can we expect?

Originally Posted by SeattleCruiselover viewpost.gif

Means we will have a cool, but dry, winter here most likely. We get more rain when we have El Nino years.

SeattleCruiselover,

I'm glad to see you on the Alaska board, I usually see you on the West Coast board. We are going to be in Seattle for two days after our cruise. What's the weather been like?

We're staying at the Fairmont Olympic which you advised us previously is within walking distance of Pike's Market. Somewhere I have your suggested tour through there, I hope I can find it. We are also thinking about doing the Underground Tour, looks like it is within walking distance too.

We wanted a casual place for a seafood dinner on the Saturday night we are there. What do you think of Elliott's? Can you suggest another casual place?

Looks like OP is from San Diego, so they know all about overcast mornings. It's been sunny all day here today and I think we are going to be about 75. There is some 80+ (85 one day) weather coming this week and sun all week. I would check the 10 day forecast before you come up.

The rain was a welcome site when I got home. Helps clean out the air and water my lawn, since I don't. LOL!!

Thanks for the continuing update. Looks like it's warmer in Seattle than it is here in San Diego (we ran into the same thing the last time we were in Vancouver).

So much for packing light...we'll be flying in from an Alaskan vacation...it's a tad chilly up there!!!

Looking forward to our visit.

I mentioned the rain was a welcome sight when I got home, but I forgot to mention I just got home from San Diego (12 days) last Monday. The weather was very comfortable while I was there. A couple of pretty hot days, but not bad. San Diego is where I am originally from and oldest daughter and son-in-law live there. I'll be back down in Oct. for the Carnival Spirit 9 day cruise.

Archived