Surcharges

I was speaking to an agent on one of the TUI websites yesterday and she said existing bookings were ok but that new bookings were subject to a surcharge. At least I think that's what she said - I haven't got a cruise booked at the moment (boo hoo!) and that wasn't the purpose of my call so I didn't pay too much attention.

However, just to test it out, I've gone through the initial stages of booking on the Emerald (on Thomson's site) and sure enough there is a £40 fuel charge in addition to the advertised holiday cost. It's the same for a 7 or 14 day trip! It will certainly be worth bearing in mind if you are planning to book. It does seem as though there are surcharges out there.

Just tried going through the 'cost it' process on a couple of ex-UK cruises and no fuel surcharge showing up for Celebration for September sailings. If you are interested in any particular cruise try pulling it up and cost it out on Thomson's site. The panel on the left will show you all the itemised costs including fuel surcharge if applicable.

Archived