Hand Sanitizers

marlinmike

Here's one for ya! We took the grandkids on the Magic to Mexico and had a great time! Everytime we went into somewhere to eat, there were one or two people standing their with plastic containters of pop-up sheets of hand sanitizer. This stuff was used in lieu of the gel type sanitizer that you just rubbed into your hands. I really liked them because they weren't just alcohol - which dries out the skin on my hands. I felt like my hands were actually cleaner also because I wasn't just "rubbing in" the germs and crud on my hands. We pulled out the "towelette", rubbed it between our hands and dropped it into the garbage. Anyone know the name/manufacturer of them?

Just a point as you consider your decision. In order to kill viruses (not just bacteria) the hands should be saturated (wet) with the santizer for 30-45 seconds as they air dry. A quick rub with a sanitizer towellette may not kill all the nasties that you are trying to 'rub out' (although I am sure that medical grade sanitizer wipes would do, but they may not be available to the public). This is of particular importance if you are concerned regarding noro virus.

Not sure what they used on the ship, but at one point Bath and Body Works used to have ones like this..I always kept some in my car! Still have some in the closet at home because I'd stock up when I'd see them. Haven't been shopping in a while to see if they still sell them.

Gee - thanks for all your suggestions. I really wasn't trying to keep from getting noro or anything - nor was I going to perform any operations on anyone (I didn't even sleep in a Holiday Express or whatever the heck that is). I just liked the smell of these wipes and liked how they left my hands and thought a tube of them out on my boat would be a good thing to have. That way I would have something besides my pants to wipe off my hands before having a sandwich or something! That's why I was looking for the brand name. I know there are only about 50 different brands out there - just try googling hand sanitizer wipes.

Antibacterial will not kill Norovirus, as a matter of fact the antibacterial is killing all your good germs along with the bad, giving you less of a chance to fight germs off.

Nothing beats good ole fashion soapy, hot water.

Because my daughter is unable to use anything antibacterial we bring regular soap with us and wash often, never had a problem.

Dawn

Archived