Private tour Taipei, Nagasaki

micarda

We were on the cruise last year and I posted about each port, it is listed under asia, I wrote all the details in April.

You can take the train from the port into town and then grab a cab to the museum and then to the 101 building.

From the museum you can take a cab back to the port for about 25.00.

In nagasaki you can go around on your own via trolley, very easy.

Doggylover

• 1 month later...

Two years ago we stopped in Taipei. We were very pleased with our private tour company... Have Fun Travel - contact Augustus (special assistant to vice general manager) - e-mail: service@hftravel.com

Our intinerary was: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm... The Grand Hotel, Longshan Temple, Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, Taipei 101 Tower... included was air-conditioned van with driver and English-speaking guide, not included was lunch.

Two years ago we stopped in Taipei. We were very pleased with our private tour company... Have Fun Travel - contact Augustus (special assistant to vice general manager) - e-mail: service@hftravel.com

Our intinerary was: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm... The Grand Hotel, Longshan Temple, Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, Taipei 101 Tower... included was air-conditioned van with driver and English-speaking guide, not included was lunch.

Do you remember how much this cost please Sandy R?

Keep in mind the price info below was for 2006...

1. Our company insures each customer for NT$2,000,000

2. Total fare includes bus, driver guide, travel insurance, and so forth

3. Not includes tickets , meals

4. For Two persons the total charge is NT$8,000.- (for car with one driver guide)

5. For Four persons the total charge is NT$10,000.- (for van with driver and tour guide)

• 1 month later...
we contacted edison previously but for two people they wanted 250pp: the cost must drop for additional people and there may be other on the Nautica who might want to join us.

We are interested in joining you on private tours on the Feb 27 09 sailing. Please contact me at EA43@aol.com

Elaine A

Marvin:

Would love to know your itinerary. Was there anything you particularly liked or did not? How much time did you spend at the museum and other places? We are thinking of just doing a photo op at Taipei 101 and spending more time at the museum. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks...Fran

Just back from Diamond Princess, VERY Happy with Edison, changed Itinerary to our requirements on the tour, informative, and very good Dim Sum Lunch.

Good Guide in Beijing too, if anybody wants info.

Marvin

Hello Marvin, I am particularly interested in what you did and saw in beijingm with whom and at what price please? I am also interested in the details of your tour inn Taipai.

We will be on Diamond in April/May 2009. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

You do not need a private tour of Nagasaki. You can do it VERY EASILY on your own.

We took the public tram (same tram as the ship's tours took). We visited ground zero, the museum, the public park, then continued our tour of the city by using the public tram to determine what sites were at each stop.

Maps are available at the dock, the tram terminal is across the street from the ship. Go to the internet and find out what else you would like to see in Nagasaki, then go to the tram stops.

It is very easy and the Japanese people are very helpful if you get lost.

Don't waste your money on a private tour in Nagasaki.

• 3 weeks later...
You do not need a private tour of Nagasaki. You can do it VERY EASILY on your own.

We took the public tram (same tram as the ship's tours took). We visited ground zero, the museum, the public park, then continued our tour of the city by using the public tram to determine what sites were at each stop.

Maps are available at the dock, the tram terminal is across the street from the ship. Go to the internet and find out what else you would like to see in Nagasaki, then go to the tram stops.

It is very easy and the Japanese people are very helpful if you get lost.

Don't waste your money on a private tour in Nagasaki.

Any other places that you found of particular interest on your tram trip round the city?

Any other places that you found of particular interest on your tram trip round the city?

I would suggest that you go to the internet and Google Nagasaki. Places of interest to me may not be the same as your interests. You can find the tram route maps online as well as tourist places of interest and cross reference these places.

Our most important visit was to ground zero, the park and the museum (which we easily got to by the tram). The Japanese people were very helpful (even if we don't speak the same language) in showing us how to get to where we wanted to go. We showed them maps and pictures we had printed from the information we got off the internet.

We loved our trip to Nagasaki and we loved the people as well. You will definitely have a great time on your own.

I would suggest that you go to the internet and Google Nagasaki. Places of interest to me may not be the same as your interests. You can find the tram route maps online as well as tourist places of interest and cross reference these places.

Our most important visit was to ground zero, the park and the museum (which we easily got to by the tram). The Japanese people were very helpful (even if we don't speak the same language) in showing us how to get to where we wanted to go. We showed them maps and pictures we had printed from the information we got off the internet.

We loved our trip to Nagasaki and we loved the people as well. You will definitely have a great time on your own.

Thank you - Happy New Year !

Archived