Dolphins vs. Sea Lions & Para-Sailing

blendedmemory

I'm going on the Sapphire Princess from Los Angeles --> Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas departing 12/20/08.

My grandma is 80 and has decided she wants to swim with the dolphins. Would it be better for her to do this in Puerto Vallarta or in Cabo?? Both are an option. I am personally torn between dolphins and sea lions. Does anyone have any experience with either?

Also, my best friend wants to para-sail. Where can she do this, and where is it best to do this??

As for me, I'd like to have an authentic Mexican meal.... where's the best place for this?

We're all trying to coordinate and it's getting tough!!

Thanks!

I hear swimming with dolphins is cheaper in Puerta Vallarta but I did it in Cabo and loved it. She would enjoy it there and its an easy walk from the ship to the dolphin center. Indoor pools and totally safe & easy for her. I loved it so much that I'm taking my kids in February.

1159969031_Dolphinswim.jpg.75fef53d3bdcd8748761cace32ef72cf.jpg

Thanks so much!

How are the life vests... easy to fit around any body type?

Also, by indoor pools, do you mean you're out of the sun entirely? Your pictures look so bright!

they have small medium & large life vests & do their best at estimating which one will work for each body type. Pools are not indoors, I meant there is a separate area where the pools are that you cannot access without a pass. It isn't like you are out in the ocean, it is more like Sea World type of place. Go to cabodolphins.com for more info.

We did the dolphin swim in Cabo also. Had a great time, and Grandma will be fine.

Next April, I will be doing the sea lion swim in Puerta Vallerta, and parasailing in Cabo.

Pat

Where are you doing this? What company are you dealing with??

thanks

Our first cruise down there was with HAL, but the rest have been with Carnival--different ships.

April 2009, we're booked on the Cruise Critic cruise with Host Randy and his Team Splendor. (info on the boards)

There are alot of us going. I have some online cruise buddies, and we have made plans to get together and do those tours.

We booked this cruise because of the good price, but Mike likes to play golf in Mexico, so I will join my buddies while he is golfing.

You should join us on the new Splendor. :)

Pat

I'm going on the Sapphire Princess from Los Angeles --> Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas departing 12/20/08.

My grandma is 80 and has decided she wants to swim with the dolphins. Would it be better for her to do this in Puerto Vallarta or in Cabo?? Both are an option. I am personally torn between dolphins and sea lions. Does anyone have any experience with either?

Also, my best friend wants to para-sail. Where can she do this, and where is it best to do this??

As for me, I'd like to have an authentic Mexican meal.... where's the best place for this?

We're all trying to coordinate and it's getting tough!!

Thanks!

We went swimming with the dolphins in Puerto Vallarta with Vallarta Adventures. My mother (who is 62) really enjoyed it. The tanks are outside. You get in by jumping, but they did have a ladder that you could use to get in and out. You get to feed the dolphins, get kissed, pet the dolphins, and be pulled through the water. They say not to wear sunblock, but if you put it on before you leave the ship, no one can stop you. Try a biodegradable one if you can though. There was also an experience offered that did not require actual swimming. At the end we got to receive a kiss from a seal lion for a photo op.

I would recommend Cabo for the parasailing because they have the boats that allow you to leave from the platform on the boat and come back down on the same platform. In Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan I have only seen the beach launches (they could have the platform type, but I just haven't seen them). The beach launches require you to run for the take off, and the landing seems a bit rough sometimes.

Archived