Earliest Time For Elite Pax To Board Golden In Seattle

ManhattanCruiser

Seeing as there have been so many reports that boarding can be slow on the "ramps" in Seattle... I'm going to try to be one of the first to board. I usually sail out of L.A. and have been on the ship between 11 and noon sometimes. But in Seattle what's the earliest one can board? Since I'm Elite (voyage 20... woo-hoo!) I'll be in an Elite lounge if Seattle's terminal has one.

You're in one of the most beautiful cities and you're on vacation... what's the rush to get onto the ship???? Enjoy all that Seattle has to offer and then board - your cabin and bags are waiting, enjoy the halibut at Ivar's and the Market and make a day of it....

You're in one of the most beautiful cities and you're on vacation... what's the rush to get onto the ship???? Enjoy all that Seattle has to offer and then board - your cabin and bags are waiting, enjoy the halibut at Ivar's and the Market and make a day of it....

I agree...and I love Seattle so much I'm there all the time. It's being on a ship that'll hit the spot that day.

So it sounds like a 10 AM arrival...thanks folks.

I HAVE read in other posts that there were no seperate lines for Platimum or Elite.. I'm hoping that's rumor.

I understand there being no "lounge" if the space simply isn't available...but can they really not have a different "line" for Elites and Plats?

So it sounds like a 10 AM arrival...thanks folks.

I HAVE read in other posts that there were no seperate lines for Platimum or Elite.. I'm hoping that's rumor.

I understand there being no "lounge" if the space simply isn't available...but can they really not have a different "line" for Elites and Plats?

We sailed the end of June and there is not seperate lounge or line . . . all together. Get there early and you will be one of the first. Above posters are correct, they start check in at about 10. Then youhave to wait but there are some seats so you can sit and wait for the main overhead door to open. This leads you to a huge warehouse-type waiting area and there you will wait in a huge line, until around 11, when the security will start checking people through.

We sailed the end of June and there is not seperate lounge or line . . . all together. Get there early and you will be one of the first. Above posters are correct, they start check in at about 10. Then youhave to wait but there are some seats so you can sit and wait for the main overhead door to open. This leads you to a huge warehouse-type waiting area and there you will wait in a huge line, until around 11, when the security will start checking people through.

Interesting. I had a whole different experience July 19th. Got there about 10:50, went to the Elite line without waiting, was in cabin 11:20-25. Only waiting, and it wasn't long, was in the x-ray line and also walking up the ramp to the ship's door. Not bad at all. We probably would've been even quicker, but were with my 80ish yr old parents.

Archived