Age requirement for Serenity???

red1der1

What is the age requirement for Serentity?? I was told by my PVP it was 18 but then read somewhere on here that it was 21? I am taking my 18yo niece who is very mature. We were told she has full access to the ship with the exception of drinking. We were looking forward to heading there to relax and escape the kids but now I do not think she will be able to. She can gamble, go tothe "R" rated shows, disco but not serenity?? Does anyone know the answer to this??

What is the age requirement for Serentity?? I was told by my PVP it was 18 but then read somewhere on here that it was 21? I am taking my 18yo niece who is very mature. We were told she has full access to the ship with the exception of drinking. We were looking forward to heading there to relax and escape the kids but now I do not think she will be able to. She can gamble, go tothe "R" rated shows, disco but not serenity?? Does anyone know the answer to this??

Funny you should ask this..... I called Carnival last week for an answer to this very question. I spoke with PVP Sergio who spoke with a supervisor. Be advised that you must be 21 to enjoy Serenity. The whole purpose, apparently, is to separate the adults from the children and teen-agers. I asked how this would be enforced and was told that there are "deck" personnel at all entrances to Serenity with scanners nearby in case there is any question. They will scan the S&S card.

Apparently they will hold the adult passengers accountable if they try to sneak underage kids in the area by being banned from Serenity for the balance of the cruise.

Oh, I hope they mean it. I soooo look forward to being away from the kids.....without having to spend the time on my balcony. Guess I'll find out on the transAtlantic 10/27/09 won't I?:p

There was no one with scanners checking the ages of those who entered the serenity deck. If she chose to go, I don't think she'd have a problem.

Well, I inquired specifically about the Carnival Dream as I'm booked on her in October next year.

I suppose, like smuggling booze and t-shirts in the dining room, Serenity will just become another "rule" to be broken by those who think none of the rules apply to them.

Well' date=' I inquired specifically about the Carnival Dream as I'm booked on her in October next year.

I suppose, like smuggling booze and t-shirts in the dining room, Serenity will just become another "rule" to be broken by those who think none of the rules apply to them.[/quote']

Its highly doubtful a PVP or Supervisor would have any clue as to what type of procedures will occur on Dream.

They just told you something to make you happy and get you off the phone..and it worked.

I know on the current ships with Serinity they dont have staff checking ID's. In reality its not really a place most kids would want to be anyway.

I have no specific knowledge of the age rules in Serinity. BUT, I think an 18yo female would probably look old enough and act old enough to be allowed entrance and allowed to stay. Isn't the purpose of this area to keep the crying, running, rowdy, whinny, screaming children out? If so, then the 18yo female would certainly not fit those descriptions.

Hope you both enjoy the cruise.

I agree with Jeff, if she acts like an adult she will most likely be admitted.

On the Legend in July, which does not have a serenity area but a 21 and up deck, there was an older teenage boy that laid out with me each day and none of us had a problem with that. There were probally only about 10 of us up there each day and he fit right in with us geezers!

I will tell you that we had many groups of children running through, most with parents in tow on the 21 and up deck. One man made a comment that perhaps I should cover up because of his precious little snowflakes.(I choose to wear a very small swimsuit on adult deck, don't worry I'm not bad for a 40 year old!:eek: ) I simply pointed at the sign and smiled. No need for confrontation and as a mother of teenagers I knew that the behaviour of his children were a direct reflection of his parenting.

Its highly doubtful a PVP or Supervisor would have any clue as to what type of procedures will occur on Dream.

They just told you something to make you happy and get you off the phone..and it worked.

I know on the current ships with Serinity they dont have staff checking ID's. In reality its not really a place most kids would want to be anyway.

What a cynical point of view. In the first place, they had no idea why I was inquiring. The question was "what age is considered adult" and "how will it be enforced". I'm confident in the answer I received.

I recently retired after 32 years in the travel industry....it's real hard to hoodwink me with flash-in-the-pan answers......or questions, for that matter.

And, by the way, I didn't say, nor did they, that "ID would be checked". What I said is deck personnel have a scanner nearby where ID MAY be checked if there is any question about the age of the person.

What I am NOT confident in is this "rule" being followed and by the fact that some passengers will inevitably sneak their darling 17 year old (who looks and acts much older) in with her girlfriend.

Maybe some of us can whip off our tops now and then. That will exclude LOTS of kids whose parents think the sight of a bare breast will traumatize them forever.

Actually, that's not a bad idea........:p

What a cynical point of view. In the first place' date=' they had no idea why I was inquiring. The question was "what age is considered adult" and "how will it be enforced". I'm confident in the answer I received.

I recently retired after 32 years in the travel industry....it's real hard to hoodwink me with flash-in-the-pan answers......or questions, for that matter.

And, by the way, I didn't say, nor did they, that "ID would be checked". What I said is deck personnel have a scanner nearby where ID MAY be checked if there is any question about the age of the person.

What I am NOT confident in is this "rule" being followed and by the fact that some passengers will inevitably sneak their darling 17 year old (who looks and acts much older) in with her girlfriend.

[/quote']

Im just trying to tell you the way its set up now on the ships. There is no one with a scanner checking who is who. Its hard to believe they have a plan in place for a ship that isnt even built, that differs greatly from those currently sailing with the Serenity deck.

If you feel confident in the answer you got, thats great.

Archived