How often does the entertainment change?

We are sailing the Liberty of the Seas Eastern itinerary for Thanksgiving. We are looking to sail the Western itinerary on either the Liberty or Freedom in July 2009 for our 20th Anniversary.

We would love to try the Freedom but the itinerary is the Eastern route the week we want to travel. So, we may be booking the Liberty again as she has the Western itinerary that week. We have never taken two cruises on the same ship that close together (8 months apart).

I am thinking that all of the entertainment will be the same (trivia/ shows etc). Anyone have an idea? Interestingly, we just sailed on the Adventure and two of the entertainers (impressionist and juggler) were the same ones we had seen last year on the Mariner so do they move between ships pretty frequently?

Thanks!

We are sailing the Liberty of the Seas Eastern itinerary for Thanksgiving. We are looking to sail the Western itinerary on either the Liberty or Freedom in July 2009 for our 20th Anniversary.

We would love to try the Freedom but the itinerary is the Eastern route the week we want to travel. So, we may be booking the Liberty again as she has the Western itinerary that week. We have never taken two cruises on the same ship that close together (8 months apart).

I am thinking that all of the entertainment will be the same (trivia/ shows etc). Anyone have an idea? Interestingly, we just sailed on the Adventure and two of the entertainers (impressionist and juggler) were the same ones we had seen last year on the Mariner so do they move between ships pretty frequently?

Thanks!

The non-ship entertainers rotate around and change a lot.

The production shows stay for 4 or 5 years. :eek:

I have friends who are RCI entertainers and they do keep on the move. Sometimes, they'll board mid-cruise so that they effectively work on two cruises. (e.g. We leave Seattle on Friday on our upcoming Rhapsody cruise. We'll be in Juneau on Sunday. They'd get on in Juneau and perform sometime during Sunday to Thursday. They'd stay on board in Seattle and then perform either Friday or Saturday on the new cruise and leave the ship when it gets back to Juneau on the next Sunday. ) Or they'll get lucky and do back to back cruises. Or, they'll leave on one ship and perform on it and then switch ships in a popular port. I know one time this spring they got off one ship in Cozumel and wheeled their bags over to the ship on the other side of the pier.

It is interesting that they do perform on many ships, they do seem to perform on one or two ships in particular. This could be the reason the acts seem to repeat if you sail a certain ship frequently. I've seen two of the acts that will be on the Rhapsody this time on previous Rhapsody cruises and both of the production shows.

Archived