Cabin Advice For Norwegian Sun

We are about to book the Sun for the 19 day cruise from San Francisco leaving in Nov.and need some cabin advice. We were offered cabins 1202 0r 1002 on the pool deck. We noticed that they are on the bow.

(no problem,we like the motion) Any problems with wind or noise?

We are in room 1202 just before you get on. We disembark on Nov. 4th.

I heard it can be a little windy but we should be used to the wind living in the bay area. I work here in Corte Madera and it does get a little windy.

Last year when we were in Europe on the Dream we were on front of the ship and I thought wouldn't it be great to have a forward facing cabin. I guess my Dream came true. When I saw this room I snagged it up. Next one will be on the Aft. I was worried about the noise because they said the lounge sometime turns into a Disco at night. I asked here on Cruise Critic and was told you can barley here the noise. You might hear it in the bathroom, not loud though.

Here is a good picture of the front of the Sun. I have it as my desktop

on my computer. Never get tired looking at it.

Have a great cruise. Which ever cabin you choose.

upcloseship1.jpg?t=1218047191

We've had forward cabins a couple of times (Sun AD on Deck 8; Star AC Deck 9). I loved both of them, and I wouldn't hesitate to book another forward cabin! In fact, we had booked cabin 1001 on the Sun for a Mexican Riviera cruise in 10/09, but we ended up switching to another itinerary. I hated to give up that location.

The best part of being forward is that you can see EVERYTHING ahead of you. It is so nice to stand out on the deck when the ship enters the ports (or when she leaves San Francisco!). Yes, there's a little wind out there, especially while you're out at sea, but as you head south, you will probably welcome that wind.

Great photo, Antioch Cruiser!

Archived