HBday Banners etc

Batch007

Has anyone ever purchased the Carnival packs with the banners? Are they a "good deal/nice?" My DD will turn 6 aboard the ship and I thought it would be fun to have the room decorated for her, but I can always bring a few items for the 1$ store for that too...

thx :)

My husband surprised me with the Bon Voyage decorations for a Mother's Day present last May.

The decorations were so nice! They stayed up the entire cruise.

The streamers were not made of paper, but were a foil type.

I think for a special occasion they are nice, but if you are just going to hang banners for her Bday and nothing else, than you may just want to buy them at the dollar store.

BTW>> we got two nice Key Chains as well.... they come with the package.

The pics are on my webshots, Victory Cruise.

Catrin

Thanks Catrin - I think I will get them for her, she will be so excited ~ she thinks it is so neat spending her bday on the ship already! Last year (her 5th) she was sick on her bday and could not attend her own party:( (I was so sad), we sang and had cake and she got to watch it on video when I got home. She was a trooper and didn't complain that she missed it though. Since we didn't know until a few hours before, we couldn't cancel, so had the party without her at the rec centre with 18 kids all dressed up like fairies/pirates - it was her first (and now LAST) big party.

I want to make this years really special (can you say CRUISE!) :rolleyes:

Has anyone ever purchased the Carnival packs with the banners? Are they a "good deal/nice?" My DD will turn 6 aboard the ship and I thought it would be fun to have the room decorated for her, but I can always bring a few items for the 1$ store for that too...

thx :)

Yep, they were worth it - they have magnets that keep them up. We got the Bon Voyage one for our boys...it was up the whole time & yep...they're a foil type of ribbon. Think about it, travel to get to the ship, the packing, the car rental, the hotel...ugh..just get me on the ship! Tah-dah you open your cabin door and all the decorations are up! No needing to see if you can tape/hang stuff in corners, there's usually a light, it'd melt. I KEPT ours...I folded it up (best I could) and brought it home. Now, before we go on a cruise, I decorate here and practice our DOD's! Yes, got 2 key chains too.

I do the Cruise Critic door signs as well. :)

The Birthday pack is really nice. When you order from the ship it is fun to open your cabin door and all these wonderful things. A 6 yr old would love it.

We did it once for teen granddaughter. Also had a bon voyage one. Just a fun thing to do for the cruise.

MOM

IMG_2448.jpg

I thought they were very nice.

That's a great picture. I've never bought a package from CCL or took my own decorations but it looks like it's a good idea. My DH's birthday is on Oct. 8 on our next cruise and he is the type of person that does'nt want any B-day surprises, especially around others, so I think I'll just decorate the room for his 54th and hopefully he will like it.:rolleyes:

Now that I see the B'day one - thanks for sharing that - its different than the Bon Voyage one, so its good to know they mix it up. The B'day one I see has "stars" for the long streamer part. For the Bon Voyage, it was like a regular streamer, and again - its a foil material held up by magnets.

For those of you with a Balcony cabin...if your balcony door is open, and you open your cabin door...LOOK OUT :eek: :D that stuff is going to be whipping around on your ceiling...but hey! its durable stuff and held in place. Once we learned that we could cause a hurricane in our room, messing with our ceiling decorations :) we'd close our balcony door, BEFORE we opened our main cabin door. Actually, once we saw how they held in place so well, we didnt mind if it happened now & then.

Another food for thought, you can move your long streamer lines if you have to..just stick the magnet to another spot. They are not 'stuck' and you do not have to keep them where they put them.

Enjoy!

How are the Happy Anniversary Banners...I just ordered them for my parents. Do they also get key chains??:)

We received the Anniversary Decoration last year as a gift from my sister and friend. They were very nice, two palm tree foil type one hanging from the ceiling, one standing on the table beneath it, plus foil hearts hanging from the ceiling and a Happy Anniversary banner. Very nice. BTW, the Anniversary is almost all silver IIRC, maybe some color on the hearts etc, but only as an accent.

I did the B-Day one for my DH a couple of years ago for his 55th. :) We had also splurged and got a suite and when we opened the cabin door it was all decorated. :p He was surprised and LOVED it! :D I think you can ask for it to be put up on a specific day but why not have it up from the start? When you walk into the cabin it just makes the Cruise that much more fun! And the person who it's for feels "extra" special for the entire Cruise. :rolleyes:

Archived