Serenade Spa Services

Does anyone know if the spa on the Serenade offers services for men? My DH goes to an old fashioned barber who also does shaves, hot towel treatments and scalp massages and I would love for him to be able to have some pampering while I have my mani/pedi. We leave on Sept. 13th for our fifth Alaska cruise, second time RCI. Any info from recent cruisers much appreciated.

Hey Shadowfax, tell me a little more. They do have a full-service salon on Serenade but I've never used that a whole lot on ships. What I DID do on Serenade was a hot stone massage. Now, that was incredible.

So, when you talk about Spa, are you talking Spa or Salon? We have our Compasses, so there could be a price list. Be happy to look when I know more about what you're thinking.

We just got back from Serenade to Alaska last week. I saw plenty of men signing up for massages (don't know about the old fashioned shave). our favorite was the "thermal suite)--it's an extra charge (like $139 per couple for the week) and it's a separate, key only (ltd to 40 people is what they told us) room with separate dry and wet saunas, eucalyptus steam (tho the eucaplyptus was not particularly strong) and these absolutely WONDERFUL mosaic lounge chairs that are heated and conform to your body---imagine watching the glaciers from this room--it was also particularly nice after rainy, wet port days (which was practically all of ours) to take the chill out and relax. I couldn't sit in the mosaic lounge chairs without falling asleep--they also had tropical/ice showers (two)--probably one of my favorite parts of the trip!

We just got back from Serenade to Alaska last week. I saw plenty of men signing up for massages (don't know about the old fashioned shave). our favorite was the "thermal suite)--it's an extra charge (like $139 per couple for the week) and it's a separate, key only (ltd to 40 people is what they told us) room with separate dry and wet saunas, eucalyptus steam (tho the eucaplyptus was not particularly strong) and these absolutely WONDERFUL mosaic lounge chairs that are heated and conform to your body---imagine watching the glaciers from this room--it was also particularly nice after rainy, wet port days (which was practically all of ours) to take the chill out and relax. I couldn't sit in the mosaic lounge chairs without falling asleep--they also had tropical/ice showers (two)--probably one of my favorite parts of the trip!

Tell me more about the lounge chairs....what is the price for the lounge chairs...I love using the spa when I'm on vacation.....

All the spas on every cruise ship, no matter which cruise line - with very few exceptions - are run by Steiner Leisure. Steiner offers the exact services on every ship, unless there are more or fewer facilities on certain ships. Like on a Freedom class ship, they offer everything, because the spa was built for it. On Majesty, it's more limited because it's an older ship with space limitations. But on my last few cruises there has been a big push for "spa services for men" with particular salon services that include the classic shave/towel experience. So I think you will be able to find it. Go to the spa soon after you board and you will find the flyers pushing these particular services.

• 3 weeks later...

:D I spent 2-3 hours everyday enjoying the tile loungers while on our trip to Alaska....soon as we boarded teh ship in Vancouver, DH<DD and I went straight to the spa to make appointments. I was able to purchase an unlimited use pass for 68.00 for the week. The price was well worth it.

One day while I was enjoying my lounger a whale came out of the water and flipped onto it's side. This was very cool.

Angela.

Archived