Post office aboard QV?

whylion

Does anyone know if it possible to mail post cards from the QV during a cruise? Do you need stamps or can you buy them onboard?

Thanks

The purser's office will take your mail and stamp it for you and add the charge to your on-board account. If you are in the Grills your concierge will do the same thing.

A word of caution, I mailed 8 cards from the QV earlier this year (given to the Pursers Office) - 4 made it within 10 days, it took almost 3 months for another 3 and one is still out there floating around. I have heard similar problems on QM2 so I have no idea what's going on this year.

I've never had such lousy assistance from a purser in all my many years of cruising as I did on QV. One woman was ok but the other complained of staying up too late and partying (she told me this more than once) and the fellow was so new he had no clue what was going on no matter what I asked him.

You pay your money and take your chances mailing anything on a Cunard ship this year!

None of the post cards or the letter that I posted on the QM2 in February have found their way to the folks that they were addressed to. The one post card that I mailed on the QV in May to a friend in New Orleans has yet to find its way to "The Crescent City." The lone post card that I mailed on the QE2 in April was received after a fortnight.

I hardly think that Cunard can be blamed for the slow/non delivery of mail. All they do is stick the stamps on and then post them in a post/mail box in whatever port they next call at. Blame the local postal service. But they don't make pursers like they used to, I can't imagine the old ones whingeing about staying up late and partying... why else did they join????:)

Archived