Where Would Fishing Be Best....

as41shots

... out of Aruba, Bonaire, Dominica, Grenada or St. Maarten?

We'll be doing a Xmas cruise on Celebrity Summit out of San Juan, and want to rent a fishing charter at one of our stops. I posted this yesterday on the individual port boards.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Last December we chartered a boat in Aruba. Caught Wahoo, but there's a chance for Blue Marlin too. We chartered with Capt. Eddy on the J-String, a 36ft. Crusader. Very reasonable rates. If you're interested his email is:j_string32@hotmail.com. Also fished Puerto Rico in November and caught a 600# Marlin (unusual for November). I haven't fished any of the other Islands but I hear that Granada is good. Tight Lines!

A year ago in St. Maarten our son went out on a charter boat for a 5 hour fishing excursion. They never got a bite, and he never even got to hold a pole. What a waste of time and money.

Hypo

A year ago in St. Maarten our son went out on a charter boat for a 5 hour fishing excursion. They never got a bite, and he never even got to hold a pole. What a waste of time and money.

Hypo

That's a shame... hopefully his next time out made up for it.

Was it the type of charter with 20 people, or was it a private charter with 4-6? I just want to know what to stay away from.

• 3 weeks later...
The only thing wrong with HUNTING--it's tough to do CATCH and RELEASE!:rolleyes:

Noooooo....HUNTING is actually finding the Honey Pot. :D

Catch and Release is the Law of the Land in the area that is being fished, and is one that I always happily observe without hesitation.;)

We were in Manzanillo....the Billfish capital of the world. They even have a huge Billfish as a monument in the town there....well we were out with high hopes, and not one even jumped out of the water.

Now I told a friend of mine about Gulp bait...last week he was fishing in the surf here in NJ with the Gulp and found the Honey Pot, he caught 20 Fluke.

Hunting is finding where the are, they just don't ever seem to come to me no matter how times I whisper to the water....here fishie, fishie, fishie!

Archived